How could we not have known...?

StevieL

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe they just trained harder and were fitter?

Anyone want to go get my favorite cyclists of all time, Andy Hampsten's winning time on the Alp, and compare it to the known dopers like Pantani, Armstrong and co?

Hampsten did it clean? or are you comparing dopers to dopers?

The pre blood manipulation/EPO era vs the current crop...

Getting caught with another guys shlong in your mouth in a public toilet is a dead give away ....

His excuse? "It's not what it looks like" devil.gif

Anyone want to go get my favorite cyclists of all time, Andy Hampsten's winning time on the Alp, and compare it to the known dopers like Pantani, Armstrong and co?

But LA was clean until 2 years ago?

I've ridden Alpe du Huez a couple of times and when you ride towards the rock face at the bottom and then hang left for that first climb its staggeringly hard! I know the postal boys had had an easy day up until that point, with LA pretending to be ill at the back of the pack etc, but that attack is still brutal.

So you mean the amphetamine, morphine, belgian pot era?

Yip. Massive shift to the EPO/blood doping era.

I've ridden Alpe du Huez a couple of times and when you ride towards the rock face at the bottom and then hang left for that first climb its staggeringly hard! I know the postal boys had had an easy day up until that point, with LA pretending to be ill at the back of the pack etc, but that attack is still brutal.

Reckon i'll take them up that pissy climb