2013 CSA License - Rave

Grondpad

So what if I want to get a membership but don't want to be affiliated with Gauteng, do you have to pay the additional R75? or can you just remove it from the basket?

EDIT: I guess ill give a friends add in CT, then no stupid affiliation fees :thumbup:

Edited by Peach.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, geldmaak storie die, jy betaal n fortune vir die entry wat ek kan verstaan want jy ry op n ander man se plaas, maar dan kom CSA en PPA en XYZ etc fees in dan raak dit duur.

Ek weier om PPA events te doen in elk geval, so die paar wat oorbly is goed genoeg en ek betaal eerder die daily entry fee vir die dag.

My 5 sent!

Hahaha! Lovit!

No affiliation fee for the Northern Cape!

(Then again, no big races in the Northern Cape :thumbdown: )

I will explain the central gauteng license fees. A race pays the local csa provincial authority a fee to be in the calendar and affiliated and sanctioned. Now the problem is that central gauteng had very few races and a large percentage of the members.So they implemented a fee to compensate for that.

that said central gauteng should now be gauteng as they should all be along provincial levels...but I have No idea how many races in gauteng in comparison To cg

Make sense?

Must say over the last few years the whole licensing process has just got slicker and better. The good folks at the CSA are using technology and have got it right.

So I lived in the UK for a few years and have a UK drivers license. I lost my wallet here in Joburg. I went online to the UK DVLA paid my 10 pounds. A week later a replacement drivers license arrived at my UK address. My landlady mailed it me. Just wish the process was as easy as that here in SA.

do I need the full domestic racing license in order to be seeded at big road races or will the R75 CSA license do?

So what is the benefit of having this so called "license"?

Commisaires, administration etc ... so we have a governing body for the sport, part of the reason we've had a number of world cup events, world champs etc ...

It's arguable as to how functionally effective they are, theres a lot of history and some bad decisions. That said theres been some good progress and some really committed individuals.

do I need the full domestic racing license in order to be seeded at big road races or will the R75 CSA license do?

R75 is good enough. Unless you want to ride licensed vets/ladies or elite

Yep, geldmaak storie die, jy betaal n fortune vir die entry wat ek kan verstaan want jy ry op n ander man se plaas, maar dan kom CSA en PPA en XYZ etc fees in dan raak dit duur.

Ek weier om PPA events te doen in elk geval, so die paar wat oorbly is goed genoeg en ek betaal eerder die daily entry fee vir die dag.

My 5 sent!

Hoekom so?

Ten spyte van al die klagtes, is die PPA die enigste fietsry organisasie in SA waarvan ek weet wat 'n behoorlik bestuur word en wat geld en moeite terugploeg in fietsry vir Jan Alleman. Hulle reel of ondersteun meer funrides as enige iemand anders. Hulle probeer ten minste iets doen aan fietsryers se veiligheid. Hulle gee geld vir die bou van bergfiets paaie. Hulle ondersteun verskeie voetsool vlak fietsry projekte. ens. ens.

Persoonlik, het ek gevind dat hul funrides redelik goed georganiseer is. Daarsonder sou ek nooit my kinders aan padfiets ry kon bekendstel nie. Waar anders kry hulle 'n relatief veilige omgewing om aan padfiets ry gewoond te raak?

Ek dink die PPA behoort meer krediet te kry.

Hi DJR

Ek is bly om te hoor jy is happy met PPA en aangesien jy op die pad ry en julle voel veilig dan is dit goed om te hoor.

My rede vir nie PPA event doen nie sal ek maar vir myself los.

Op die einde van die dag is dit fietsry wat belangrik is en respek vir die mede padverbruiker of hy nou in n kar, bike of trok is.

Ek verkies maar MTB want al wat jy voor moet uitkyk is slange en ander MTB'ers!!