Rant - Price of Fox 15mm thru axle

sias

I lost my thru-axle for my 29" Fox front shock and asked my LSB to order a new one, thinking it shouldn't be more than maybe R200 at worst.

Get a chair and sit down and I'll tell you what that piece of pipe with a thread at the one end costs...

R1000.00!!

I nearly fell on my back! Is this really what it costs? Can someone please advise if this is the real price? Surely it can't be?

That's about right, I had to replace my talas 20mm axel, it's a 2009 so not the one with the quick release skewer thingy, just a stock standard Alan key, was quoted R800 last year jan, after shopping around at every place I could find online etc I couldn't get one for less than R650 from a site in the US.

Sorry to say a K doesn't sound outrageous no.

I lost my thru-axle for my 29" Fox front shock and asked my LSB to order a new one, thinking it shouldn't be more than maybe R200 at worst.

Get a chair and sit down and I'll tell you what that piece of pipe with a thread at the one end costs...

R1000.00!!

I nearly fell on my back! Is this really what it costs? Can someone please advise if this is the real price? Surely it can't be?

Fox is overpriced crap did nobody tell you this?

R1000.00!!

I hope you gonna at least get some kisses on your neck while they F@#^ you from behind... thats insane

Sias, how on earth did you lose a thing like that? It's either on the bike holding the wheel or on the bike stored in the fork.

That little plastic thing inside a rockshox to extend/reduce the travel is also like R250. Glad I have a spare.

Jip....R1000

When I bought my new bike the LBS told me when we took the front wheel off to put in back of my bakkie...ALWAYS screw the axle back in...if yuo loose it...a new one costs R1000!!! That was back in Oct 2012...glad to see the price hasn't gone up in 2013 {sarcasm off...}

Exactly why I always put the axle back in the Lyrik when I take the wheel out. Even if its just to load the bike in the car for a 10km trip to the Spruit.

Another ripper is a 135x12mm rear Maxle Lite. R800!

Sias, how on earth did you lose a thing like that? It's either on the bike holding the wheel or on the bike stored in the fork.

I know!! It was during the Desert Dash when the bike was loaded on more than one car and things were hectic and I was not always on my best... Lesson learnt...

Was looking at getting a Maxle kit for my Niner's rear wheel. Turns out to be 89 USD's - imported it will cost well in excess of 1000 ZAR's so it is not only the Fox parts...

Edited by Ricky Bobby

Was looking at getting a Maxle kit for my Niner's rear wheel. Turns out to be 89 USD's - imported it will cost well in excess of 1000 ZAR's so it is not only the Fox parts...

So when does it arrive???