Bikes for Enduro... The restart

braailegend

You have a straight steerer,mine is a taper one with 44mm on top. What headset(brand)did you get?

Cane Creek Angleset - 49mm bottom cup

My steerer is straight - 1 1/8 all the way through. The head tube is normal at the top but super oversize at the bottom - 54mm. So I need the crown race, the Angleset and then a shim to be able to fit it in to the frame.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cane Creek Angleset - 49mm bottom cup

My steerer is straight - 1 1/8 all the way through. The head tube is normal at the top but super oversize at the bottom - 54mm. So I need the crown race, the Angleset and then a shim to be able to fit it in to the frame.

Flip you got a bit of a job to do with yours.

Flip you got a bit of a job to do with yours.

Yeah. I blame Giant. My Angleset is sized for normal tapered steerers, so that's not an issue. It's just that Giant cam with the big ass oversized bottom cup design (much like the later OD2 malarkey) and stuffed it all up. But hey, I should be able to get a spacer soon. Then I can start playing...

Yeah. I blame Giant. My Angleset is sized for normal tapered steerers, so that's not an issue. It's just that Giant cam with the big ass oversized bottom cup design (much like the later OD2 malarkey) and stuffed it all up. But hey, I should be able to get a spacer soon. Then I can start playing...

Eish, you still haven't got it sorted yet?!?! :P

Eish, you still haven't got it sorted yet?!?! :P

LOL. Yeah. Truth be told I should just take a day off and help the bearded ginger in his shop. In fact, that's what I'll do. Fuggit.

Anyone know if you can space down a 160mm travel FOX VAN 36 RC2 to 140 or 150mm?

Anyone know if you can space down a 160mm travel FOX VAN 36 RC2 to 140 or 150mm?

You're out of luck as far as I know

That is NOT a bad price...

Nope. Cheaper than Fox* and will outperform it standing still. Would LOVE to try one back to back with a DebonAir

(Really need to figure out a knock-name for them. Like crApple and Crapbrothers and so forth...)

Nope. Cheaper than Fox* and will outperform it standing still. Would LOVE to try one back to back with a DebonAir

(Really need to figure out a knock-name for them. Like crApple and Crapbrothers and so forth...)

FIoX( as in Fix, constant maintenance).....

I love that Ibis Ripley, but in blue please.

FIoX( as in Fix, constant maintenance).....

I love that Ibis Ripley, but in blue please.

FUX