Chinese Carbon Thread

Whats the latest with CRC? If they sent it via parcelforce how long should one expect to wait ... having lots of nerves with R15k worth of items floating in our defunct postal system

Another thing - what will happen if the PO completely bombs? Will they refund or will we just lose our money?

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also ordered a F8 - who did you get yours from? I was informed today they will only ship my order from the 6th on the 28th ...

From a firm called Speed Bicycle and mine was similar, ordered on the 9th and was shipped on the 25th

Whats the latest with CRC? If they sent it via parcelforce how long should one expect to wait ... having lots of nerves with R15k worth of items floating in our defunct postal system

Another thing - what will happen if the PO completely bombs? Will they refund or will we just lose our money?

Expect to wait a long time basically until the strike is over.  I am also waiting on components from Merlin and Wiggle to arrive which are stuck in the strike.

CRC have a refund policy, from what I can remember after a certain period of time if items do not arrive then you can contact them and they will send you all the relevant forms and info for applying for a refund.  Just go check on the CRC website under shipping or refund etc

Just ordered the 650B Super Light Hardtail frames.

Also a set of UAM custom Aero 40mm/56mm wheels for road.

Can't wait to get my hands on them to try out.

Not relying on our postal services so shipping with some other stuff coming from the east, so it will be a project to keep me busy over the holidays.

Which brake pads are best for the carbon clinchers?

Anyone try 25mm or 28mm types on the 27mm rims and what was the difference?

Not relying on our postal services so shipping with some other stuff coming from the east, so it will be a project to keep me busy over the holidays.

Hope You're going to keep us updated re your build!!! would love to see it

what price for 650B Super Light Hardtail frames not include shipping?

Just got a call from mailhub saying they are delivering my goods from CRC .. ordered 1st of October. Woo Hoo

what price for 650B Super Light Hardtail frames not include shipping?

The FM196 frame in 3K Gloss with headset and seat post came to $665

I have 25mm Conti Grand Prix 4000s tyres on my 25mm carbin rims. Much smoother ride and more contact with the road.

I'm using the carbon brake pads that came with my rims but spent a lot of time adjusting them to get rid of the terrible squeaking under hard breaking. Picked up a lot of advice on the net.

I have 25mm Conti Grand Prix 4000s tyres on my 25mm carbin rims. Much smoother ride and more contact with the road.

I'm using the carbon brake pads that came with my rims but spent a lot of time adjusting them to get rid of the terrible squeaking under hard breaking. Picked up a lot of advice on the net.

I am currently using 25C Specialized Turbo Pro tyres on my Shamal's which ride very well with very low rolling resistance.

Also very easy to put on the rimes, so thinking of using these then so as not to have any tyre lever damage.

Will check which brake pads they supply.

Has anyone ordered Road cranksets? If so, happy with the product and can you give me the details please.

I placed an order with Chain Reaction a few months ago. It was for Ultegra 6800. The stock was due to get to them in Early September. I cancelled the order near the end of the month and ordered from the Chinese. Cost was USD805 and shipped via a private courier. It ended up coming to me via Aramex. Took around 18 days from order to me. Great service.

My frame, wheels and handlebar arrived on the 2nd October and have been at EMS since then. I have made contact with the driver who delivered parts to me last year September. He has been on leave to avoid the strike and he returned to work today. 

He has pushed my order through the necessary channels and said it will be ready for delivery tomorrow. 

If this does indeed happen, I will get his permission to give out his number to see if you can also be assisted.

The FM196 frame in 3K Gloss with headset and seat post came to $665

as i know, there is no 3k weave super light frame, mostly chinese super light bicycle frame only come with UD weave.

if not inclu the shipping, the price is reasonable for super light frame, headset and seatpost.

Anybody bought the Hongfu FM296... would like to have a review on that ?

you need consider the lead time for this frame firstly.