Chinese Carbon Thread

Meezo

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I brought in a few 29er forks. TBH, I wasn't impressed, the geometry was that of a 26" extended for 29". Gave a very relaxed ride as it extended the rake and relaxed the head angle. Certainly not a Niner equivalent.

Good info to have, thanks Rob.

Will do some scouting and see if any companies make a correctly upscaled fork.

Like the stealth look of this TT bike

post-26136-0-03246600-1378575895_thumb.jpg

We very seriously looking at bringing in one of these - what's it ride like?

We very seriously looking at bringing in one of these - what's it ride like?

No idea, got the pic off another site. Sorry

Like the stealth look of this TT bike

post-26136-0-03246600-1378575895_thumb.jpg

Yeah it looks great.. never been on a TT bike before..but hopefully get the chance one day.

Im soooooo looking at chinese frames the last 2 weeks...got to make a decision soon !...whats that space!

Hi All, I have just come across this chines thread of you all. Some really cool bike build here and I am itching to build a carbon MTB my self. Just one question, how does the payment work with Dengfu-Bike & Hongfu-Bikes work. I see Flyxxii is fairly simple via Paypal.

Hi All, I have just come across this chines thread of you all. Some really cool bike build here and I am itching to build a carbon MTB my self. Just one question, how does the payment work with Dengfu-Bike & Hongfu-Bikes work. I see Flyxxii is fairly simple via Paypal.

Dengfu and Hongfu also use PayPal, just request a PayPal invoice instead of quote.

Has anybody brought in carbon mtb wheels? What is the quality, rigidity and strength like. I would need 650b wheels

Chatted with a guy who sells them.

29er rims with Bitec hubs for like R6K a set.

He says they are great, but then again he would. I have heard they are a bugger to get to seal sometimes. No hope out on a trail with just a hand pump and bombs. All word of mouth though, no personal experience.

Has anybody brought in carbon mtb wheels? What is the quality, rigidity and strength like. I would need 650b wheels

I have a set of Carbon 29er wheels with Agogo Hubs, best thing I ever bought. Easy to get tyres on and seal 100%, havent chiped or cracked and are very strong and rigid. I ride Tygerberg Trails almost daily with them and its a very rough rocky terrain and no issues so far.

I have heard they are a bugger to get to seal sometimes. No hope out on a trail with just a hand pump and bombs. All word of mouth though, no personal experience.

You are right, there is NO way you will get them to seat on the trial if you burp them. Even with a compressor I need to remove the valve stem and make sure I use plenty of sunlight soap to get them up.

Having said that though, the rims are fantastic.

But I can't see the point of getting a set of carbon hoops and fitting an inferior hub to them.

You are right, there is NO way you will get them to seat on the trial if you burp them. Even with a compressor I need to remove the valve stem and make sure I use plenty of sunlight soap to get them up.

Having said that though, the rims are fantastic.

But I can't see the point of getting a set of carbon hoops and fitting an inferior hub to them.

Jip I haven;t heard a thing about the hubs which is why I haven't really pursued it. That and I am looking at purchasing only towards the end of the year, nov/dec. Doing research now and hoping for a more favourable rand/dollar.

If all pans out will be able to get my carbon HT frame and wheelset.