Chinese Carbon Thread

Meezo

Just ordered 2 FLX-FR 202 mountain bike frames from Carbonmatt Zhu on aliexpress $340 each, shipping included.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/FLX-FR-202-3K-Full-Carbon-Matt-29ER-Mountain-MTB-Bike-Bicycle-Frame-Headset-17-5/699409572.html

Bought Novatec 811 hubs, Newson spokes & nipples, which I built onto Gipiemme Roccia rims, last month, whole wheel-set cost me R1,600.

Next step Shocks, can't wait!

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not the right place, but I'll just bump it up. I was mugged this morning of my FM098 on my commute to work this morning! Please keep eyes open

Sorry to hear this man!!

Your bike is very unique and will be hard to off load, hope you get it back!!

First thing First. Love this Chinese carbon thread. Some really nice rides and stuff on here. :thumbup:

I wan't to get a set of chines 50mm carbon 700cc clincher's for my road bike. I saw that Lone One bought a nice set last month. http://www.thehubsa....chines__st__896

Question is, what sites are the best one's buy from with best service and is fast, or is there anyone that maybe have a set that they want to sell.

The other option is if someone is getting ready to order some stuff, that they can inform me.

Another Question. They guy's that riding this type of carbon wheels, what do they think of them and how stiff are they

Thanks and keep the chines carbon thread going!!! :clap:

With regards to my nice new rims, got down to Amashova start and had a flat front tire, starting changing the tube and noticed this had happened to my rim - completely stuffed and unsafe to ride.

By an absolute stroke of luck, the guy in the car next to me offered me a spare wheel it worked out to be @PROZAC (from the hub unknown at that time) - a true gentleman!

Had 3.14 minutes (mind not completely in the race) to ponder as to what on earth happened to the new rim. The rim tape had been pushed through the spoke hole and the tube has a slash about 1cm in length. The tire is absolutely perfect.

Still not 100% sure as to what exactly happened.

Got my office in HK to speak to Hongfu directly, they seem puzzled but had immediately said a new front rim will be sent out Monday/Tuesday next week. Impressive service i must say (will confirm once the rim has actually been sent and arrived in SA)

Frame is at the sprayer and will be ready late next week

post-39019-0-23225500-1382084535_thumb.jpg

post-39019-0-35073900-1382084551_thumb.jpg

post-39019-0-70217200-1382084561_thumb.jpg

post-39019-0-61318100-1382084572_thumb.jpg

Advice please, I emailed cyclingyong@hotmail.com after finding the details here, he is offering 2013 Pinarello Dogma 65.1 think 2 frame for 560$ including fork, headset, clamp and seatpost, including postage. Payment is via credit card on ALIEXPRESS. Has anyone bought from this supplier, before I take the plunge.

Guest DieBees

Babse , Meezo!!! Will Pm you know. One of my guy's said they saw the bike.

Wow!!!

Keep us posted please?

Advice please, I emailed cyclingyong@hotmail.com after finding the details here, he is offering 2013 Pinarello Dogma 65.1 think 2 frame for 560$ including fork, headset, clamp and seatpost, including postage. Payment is via credit card on ALIEXPRESS. Has anyone bought from this supplier, before I take the plunge.

Aliexpress is an escrow service, so if you don't get the item Aliexpress refunds you. Just check the ratings of the aliexpress store.

With regards to my nice new rims, got down to Amashova start and had a flat front tire, starting changing the tube and noticed this had happened to my rim - completely stuffed and unsafe to ride.

By an absolute stroke of luck, the guy in the car next to me offered me a spare wheel it worked out to be @PROZAC (from the hub unknown at that time) - a true gentleman!

Had 3.14 minutes (mind not completely in the race) to ponder as to what on earth happened to the new rim. The rim tape had been pushed through the spoke hole and the tube has a slash about 1cm in length. The tire is absolutely perfect.

Got my office in HK to speak to Hongfu directly, they seem puzzled but had immediately said a new front rim will be sent out Monday/Tuesday next week. Impressive service i must say (will confirm once the rim has actually been sent and arrived in SA)

luckily it didnt fail on you while decending at +-70km/h...

luckily it didnt fail on you while decending at +-70km/h...

+1. There are some really fast downhill sections on the Amashova route Edited by LOOK695

Just ordered 2 FLX-FR 202 mountain bike frames from Carbonmatt Zhu on aliexpress $340 each, shipping included.

http://www.aliexpres.../699409572.html

Bought Novatec 811 hubs, Newson spokes & nipples, which I built onto Gipiemme Roccia rims, last month, whole wheel-set cost me R1,600.

That is a bargain at that price with Shipping.

http://www.aliexpres.../699409572.html

Hope the seat post clamp is provided... 36.6mm required...

Was the wheels on your bike, on a bike rack hanging at the back of your car when you drove down?

Was the wheels on your bike, on a bike rack hanging at the back of your car when you drove down?

yes it was, and everything was perfect once i got to Durban took the bike for a spin when arrived on the Sat

Had to pump the tires up (pumped to 7 bars) maybe the slight change is pressure from Durban to PMB (although have my doubts)

I got my frame from them, no problems