Chinese Carbon Thread

Meezo

Not the right place, but I'll just bump it up. I was mugged this morning of my FM098 on my commute to work this morning! Please keep eyes open

Sucks dude, hope you ok! Maybe post a pic here so guys don't need to surf thru 60 odd pages?

Interesting, a Chinese frame might be the way to go since it's unique & harder to offload for the punks.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sucks dude, hope you ok! Maybe post a pic here so guys don't need to surf thru 60 odd pages?

Interesting, a Chinese frame might be the way to go since it's unique & harder to offload for the punks.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/15/nyqu4a7y.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/15/a6etydep.jpg

Bike had my training wheels on, Fulcrum Racing 5's

Where about where you mugged?

Corner of Belgravia and Turfhall road, bike went into Hanover Park, very had to chase on cleats! Passer by stopped to assist but with no success.

Corner of Belgravia and Turfhall road, bike went into Hanover Park, very had to chase on cleats! Passer by stopped to assist but with no success.

Hi Meezo!!! i work in Hanover park. will print photo of the bike and I will ask the guy's by our side to keep and eye open. Some of them stay in Hanover park, so they can keep an eye. Damn Tik koppe!!!

Edited by Gerlach

F***ing BASTARDS...!!!!!

What the hell is going on down there. Bikes are getting jacked or stolen out of garages almost daily.

Makes me sick...!

Check Gumtree and OLX etc and Pawn shops/Cash Converters/Crusaders in the area over the next few days. Hope u find it Meezo...

First thing First. Love this Chinese carbon thread. Some really nice rides and stuff on here. :thumbup:

I wan't to get a set of chines 50mm carbon 700cc clincher's for my road bike. I saw that Lone One bought a nice set last month. https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/125808-chinese-carbon-thread/page__hl__chines__st__896

Question is, what sites are the best one's buy from with best service and is fast, or is there anyone that maybe have a set that they want to sell.

The other option is if someone is getting ready to order some stuff, that they can inform me.

Another Question. They guy's that riding this type of carbon wheels, what do they think of them and how stiff are they

Thanks and keep the chines carbon thread going!!! :clap:

@Gerlach send myself or meezo a PM

we stay 5mins from your work.

you can gladly come around and we can chat!

Edited by babse

@Gerlach send myself or meezo a PM

we stay 5mins from your work.

you can gladly come around and we can chat!

will Pm you know.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/15/a6etydep.jpg

This was the bike that pretty much started the whole Carbon thread. I think anyone that has been following this thread will feel its lose. Not just because of the cowardly act of theft, but because of the 'history' behind the bike.

I know I do. :thumbdown:

Edited by Dubber

Nice thread. I don't have the time to browse all 63 pages but from the ones I viewed I could not pick up on Trek Superfly clones being discussed.

So, does anyone know of a chinese manufacturer that does a 29er HT frame with similar geometry to the Trek Superfly G2 geometry? Thing is I have a spare SID fork tweaked for G2 and all the spares to build a bike up. I just need a medium frame with the right headset angle. I would prefer a 142x12 back axle frame as that is what my spare wheelset is.

Hope someone have some advice on this.

Edited by Superfly1

Not the right place, but I'll just bump it up. I was mugged this morning of my FM098 on my commute to work this morning! Please keep eyes open

Sorry to hear Meezo, just glad you are alright ... a frame like that should show up somewhere soon!

Where and how did this happen?

Ok, catching up on the thread and see the above was answered already

Edited by Hairy

The waiting is killing me. I want to order my frame and wheels, but I don't get any response from cyclingyong.

Must be a problem, they usually respond within 12 hours

Guest DieBees

Is this site secure to order from? How long does delivery take?