Chinese Carbon Thread

Meezo

Soooo cant wait to build my next bike ! on that point... can anybody tell me where i can get the best price/ shipping on Sram Force group set? The best i found so far was on bike24. anywhere else i can have a look? (also heard bike24 shipping is a bit messy...but wouldnt know as i always bought from CRC).

try merlin cycles

their groupos are decently priced

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just recently finished my road bicycles and I am so please with the ride. Can anybody point me towards the supplier with a variety of dual suspension MTB frames and maybe some photos and reviews on finished bicycles. Thanks

Just recently finished my road bicycles and I am so please with the ride. Can anybody point me towards the supplier with a variety of dual suspension MTB frames and maybe some photos and reviews on finished bicycles. Thanks

Pics??

Build 99 % done, picked up frame Friday. Ready to ride but still need to change pedals, tires and saddle.

post-26897-0-15364400-1381222415_thumb.jpg

post-26897-0-11503300-1381223080_thumb.jpg

Some details on the order from Shenzhen ZhongWei dealt directly with them, contact Chris Mei(chris@carbon-bicycle-parts.cn)

Frame & Fork(includes headset) : Z-CB-R-002 3k Weave matte($360) custom paint job($30)

Carbon Seat post(includes crappy seat clamp) : Z-SP-006($27)

Carbon Integrated stem handle bar : Z-HB-008($100)

Carbon bottle cages x 2 : Z-BR-002($21)

Shipping to SA : $105

Paypal charge(4% of payment) : $26

Ordered : 28 August 2013

Shipped from China : 12 Sep 2013

Arrived in Cape Town : 3 October 2013

Notes on shipping : Was quoted on EMS shipping goods was eventually shipped through China Post. – Not sure on the difference but tracking EMS seems bit easier than with China Post.

Was told shipping would take 10 days, took bit longer but taking into account that the region experience one of its worst typhoons in 50 years, acceptable. Goods arrived without any damage came well packed in Styrofoam and bubble wrap the box goods shipped in took a beating.

Overall impression: This is my first build/order from China, I’m really happy as to how the final build came out, finishes and paintjob exactly as I wanted. Feels much lighter than my old aluminium bike saying this it’s not the lightest china frame out there (58cm frame & fork 1555g). Will weigh her once I’ve got the intended seat, pedals and tires on.

Still haven’t taken her for a spin hopefully have a ride report after Thursday morning…

Thanks to the guys at CWC Greenpoint who helped out with some of the final touches!

Edited by JJACK

Build 99 % done, picked up frame Friday. Ready to ride but still need to change pedals, tires and saddle.

Some details on the order from Shenzhen ZhongWei dealt directly with them, contact Chris Mei(chris@carbon-bicycle-parts.cn)

Frame & Fork(includes headset) : Z-CB-R-002 3k Weave matte($360) custom paint job($30)

Notes on shipping : Was quoted on EMS shipping goods was eventually shipped through China Post. – Not sure on the difference but tracking EMS seems bit easier than with China Post.

Was told shipping would take 10 days, took bit longer but taking into account that the region experience one of its worst typhoons in 50 years, acceptable. Goods arrived without any damage came well packed in Styrofoam and bubble wrap the box goods shipped in took a beating.

Overall impression: This is my first build/order from China, I’m really happy as to how the final build came out, finishes and paintjob exactly as I wanted. Feels much lighter than my old aluminium bike saying this it’s not the lightest china frame out there (58cm frame & fork 1555g). Will weigh her once I’ve got the intended seat, pedals and tires on.

Still haven’t taken her for a spin hopefully have a ride report after Thursday morning…

Thanks to the guys at CWC Greenpoint which helped out with some of the final touches!

Very nice, love the stealth look!!!

R10.7k http://www.bidorbuy....e_Groupset.html

Out of interest, what are the cheapest prices you've found?

the old force is not in stock

but the new force 22 groupo goes for around 11k

http://www.merlincycles.com/bike-shop/road-parts/transmission/groupsets-road-bike/sram-force-22-groupset.html

the new ultegra 11 @ under 9k seems a bargain

http://www.merlincycles.com/bike-shop/road-parts/transmission/groupsets-road-bike/shimano-ultegra-6800-groupset.html

Thanks to the guys at CWC Greenpoint who helped out with some of the final touches!

Beaut!

So here's my new stealth bike :clap: , forgive the quality of the pictures, bad lighting at night and all. Thanks to Rob (Booth bikes) and Bike Lane for helping me out with the frame and groupset.

By the way the seat clamp is my own invention, prototype 2.0, at a little over 5 grams :drool:

post-10997-0-99582300-1381473153_thumb.jpg

post-10997-0-47082400-1381473167_thumb.jpg

Wow...what a Sweet ride !!! Whats parts you got on there? and any idea what the complete bike weights?

Wow...what a Sweet ride !!! Whats parts you got on there? and any idea what the complete bike weights?

Got a spotless Ultegra 6700 groupo off the Hub for a good deal. No official weight as yet.. rough estimate around 7.5kg Cosmics not the lightest wheelset unfortunately...

This is super light road frame FM066-SL, the available size have 45/48/50/52/54/56/58/60cm.

pls contact me freely if you interested in.

my email: bella@xmiplay.cn

No, it's not from xmiplay.