Chinese Carbon Thread

Meezo

Anybody ordered from Flyxii lately? got my eye FLX-FR-225 for light HT build, any other Cpt Hubbers keen to bulk order and split shipping cost where possible?

http://www.flyxii.com/UploadSysFiles/Images/Product/DSC06727(1).jpg

I bought Flyxii frames from this store, cheapest option delivered to my door in 5 days http://www.aliexpress.com/item/FR-225-Full-Carbon-Matt-29ER-Mountain-Bicycle-MTB-Frame-Headset-Size-15-17-19/1767192467.html

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking for a 650b full suss frame.

Tapered steerer

Size XS (15")

Looked at most of the sites with no luck. Anyone have any ideas?

Anybody ordered from Flyxii lately? got my eye FLX-FR-225 for light HT build, any other Cpt Hubbers keen to bulk order and split shipping cost where possible?

http://www.flyxii.com/UploadSysFiles/Images/Product/DSC06727(1).jpg

flyxii offer free shipping! email them

Looks like Peter and Bella have split from Iplay and started their own company.  Or possibly they are just running two different websites  :whistling:

Products seem to be carbon copy (see what I did there) of Iplay.  But shipping may be cheaper?  And I always found Peter's service as good, if not better, than most...

http://www.xmcarbonspeed.com/

Looks like Peter and Bella have split from Iplay and started their own company.  Or possibly they are just running two different websites  :whistling:

Products seem to be carbon copy (see what I did there) of Iplay.  But shipping may be cheaper?  And I always found Peter's service as good, if not better, than most...

http://www.xmcarbonspeed.com/

yes, Peter and Bella own a new company that is CarbonSpeed. they sell same products as old company but more new 2015 products only they do. Peter always service well, just contact him freely (petercycles@foxmail.com) if any questions.

yes, Peter and Bella own a new company that is CarbonSpeed. they sell same products as old company but more new 2015 products only they do. Peter always service well, just contact him freely (petercycles@foxmail.com) if any questions.

Bella does CarbonSpeed ship free to South Africa?

I posted this in the Fatbike thread as well. I saw that these guys are now selling complete bikes from China. I contacted Peter for a price and received the following response:

2300 USD/ unit for the CS-010 complete bike with Shimano XT groupset

Shipping by EMS will cost 265 USD total, and 4% commission to PayPal will be charged

Best Regards,

Peter

It does look quite decent and works out about R31,000.

Some pics here:

http://chinertown.com/index.php/topic,473.0.html 

He also sent me these prices for a 29er hardtail, I've always wanted to build myself afull carbon Chinese Singlespeed just for fun and maybe commuting, bt never got around to going through with it.

Hi there,

Thanks for your inquiry and coming forward.

CS-057 and CS-106 frames for 142x12 - 395 USD/piece

CS-256 SL frame for 142x12 - 550 USD/piece

FK-052 485mm fork for 100x15 - 115 USD/piece

Front 100x15 and rear 142x12 axles - 30 USD/pair

29er wheels N-SS HR930C wheels - 520 USD/pair, 30mm width wheels on promotion

N-SS: Novatec D771/D772 hubs for 100x15/142x12, Sapim CX-Delta spokes, Sapim Self-securing nipples

2 x bottle cages - BC1,2,3,4 are all 11 USD/piece, BC5,6,7,8 are all 12 USD/piece

80mm Stem ST2 - 50 USD/piece

90mm stem ST1 - 35 USD/piece

700mm B04 straight handlebar - 35 USD/piece

NECO headset - 14 USD/ set

Headset spacers - 4 USD/ set including 2/5/10/15/20mm

Seat post SP7 - 40 USD/piece

Shipping by EMS for all above items including one piece frame will cost 195 USD total, and 4% commission to PayPal will be charged.

Best Regards,

Peter

I had a lovely experience that showed me the strength of Chinese carbon wheels.

I ride flyxii 2m wide, 38mm deep wheels. 25mm gatorskins. I weigh 110kgs. Going downhill 3 weeks ago, I hit a pothole. Hard. Doing 65kph, I thought for sure, after the noises generated, that I must have bust the rim. At least definitely popped the tube. But after frantically slowin down to avoid comin off with a flat front wheel, I saw absolutely no damage. Not even a scratch. The handlebars had turned themselves in te stem, but wheels were absolutely perfect. Not even out of true or anything.

These things are bombproof after that hit. I've broken Alu wheels on far smaller hits.

Love these wheels.

Thats awesome to hear!!! As said before that was my only concern (not the chinese but carbon wheels in general). But hearing this i must change my mind and join the nicer carbon wheel family!!! Always loved the yoeleo bike wheels for some reason...they would look so sexy on my bike!

Thanks for sharing.... the mrs wont like this... got to buy them behind her back now... :whistling:

Bella does CarbonSpeed ship free to South Africa?

No, Normally shipping by EMS to South Africa for one road/mtb/TT frameset is 85usd (total weight should less 5kg). if more 5kg like suspension frame or fat bike frameset, it will cost 100-110usd. it need depends on the total weight of your order.

Some suppliers can't offer EMS shipping to South Africa, if DHL, it is much expensive.

But it is always not free!

• 2 weeks later...

So I purchased this saddle from flyxii when I still had my Giant TCR. I crashed and got a new scott foil and found out that Oval rails dont fit thr Foils seat clamp post. So I waited 3 months for nothing LOL. I gave it to a friend and will report back about what he has to say, but on first inspection it looks really good and solid. Very light at 113grams.

post-56676-0-86378400-1432035063_thumb.jpg

Winston these oval saddle rails just require different ritchey adaptors to fit 9n the seatpost. You can order them from ritchey

What are the Chinese carbon Mtb riser bars like?

Anyone know of good bars/suppliers they have used before, I'm looking for around 720mm wide.

They sell a ton of these identical 3K Carbon riser bars on ebay in a few widths, they make/sell so many I can only assume they must have perfected the art by now and they must be pretty decent?

They look like this:

post-15746-0-02371800-1432674955_thumb.jpg

Edited by Skylark