Chinese Carbon Thread

Meezo

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm k

Lets talk guys, I am in for a light set of 38 or 50's.

I'm keen on a set of 50mm or 60mm depending on who you guys ar planning to order from

I know this isn't the classifieds, but maybe I can help someone out over here before throwing it to the wolves out there ;) I built up a super sweet FR-211 Flyxii frame with the lightest components that I could find and the bike gave me the best year and a bit of riding ever!! Im super sad to have to let her go, but I got a sponsorship and have to ride their brand now. If anyone is interested (just the frame) you know how to get hold of me, for the rest of you, this was my chinese baby, 9.2Kg 

post-2678-0-71893900-1433943379_thumb.jpg

Edited by avatar

A good set will be about R9000 landed

Where would one get a good set from? R9000? thats almost not worth the wait. In the classifieds there are also chinese carbon wheels for R9000. Or are those not considered to be "good"?

I went the rim only route, ordered some White Industry hubs and had my LBS build the wheels for me. Those hubs roll very well. Wheight for my set with 60/50mm 27mm wide clincher rim is the same as Zipp firecrest. Bit more pricey than a complete wheelset, but the components and build are much better. Another nice hub set is the Hope RS if you want something slightly cheaper but still better quality than Novatech, Bitex, Powerway etc

So we have a real interest on a bulk order... I unfortunately think the western cape order would work well but not a nation wide order (i think we might neg a good rate on everything but well ship from china to 2 locations).

If theres anyone with a REAL interest please inbox me, i will negotiate a good deal for everyone and well split what ever the costing works out on. If we buy bulk they should give us a discount not to mention a better shipping rate.

Inbox me if your serious about this !  :thumbup:

Im leaning more towards 1 supplier only (honfu) as i heard great reviews about them !

Im looking at 38mm to 50mm wheelset ( ill probably take 1 set of each).

So we have a real interest on a bulk order... I unfortunately think the western cape order would work well but not a nation wide order (i think we might neg a good rate on everything but well ship from china to 2 locations).

If theres anyone with a REAL interest please inbox me, i will negotiate a good deal for everyone and well split what ever the costing works out on. If we buy bulk they should give us a discount not to mention a better shipping rate.

Inbox me if your serious about this !  :thumbup:

Im leaning more towards 1 supplier only (honfu) as i heard great reviews about them !

Im looking at 38mm to 50mm wheelset ( ill probably take 1 set of each).

Would consider Light Bicycle wheels/rims as well. They have 35/45/55mm options

@R9000 its totally not worth it. I can get from a local supplier, who brings in regulary for about R7200 complete on a set of 38mm.

Im also sure that if we go to someone like darkhorse and tell them we want to buy 5 sets we will get a good enough discount to buy locally then

Just my 2c

@R9000 its totally not worth it. I can get from a local supplier, who brings in regulary for about R7200 complete on a set of 38mm.

Im also sure that if we go to someone like darkhorse and tell them we want to buy 5 sets we will get a good enough discount to buy locally then

Just my 2c

Agree. Get a quote, include the shipping and lets see what it comes to. There is a cape town hubber who is bringing in and selling for around R7000

R9000 is over exaggeration on the import price. Rims go for 2800 each and then hubs for about 1500 and spokes @R1000 for sapin cxray. This is when you go for the lightweight options and buying everything yourself. That considered, I doubt that a complete wheelset will be that high when you import it. You will be looking in the range of about 7500

head to the guys stores on  aliexpress rims start at R2300 a set fully built wheels from R4000

shipping included, add 15% for VAT and you are done.

flyii @ http://www.aliexpress.com/store/group/Rim/608355_211196618.html

Best price http://www.aliexpress.com/store/group/wheelset/816059_251783296/3.html

I found it cheaper to buy rims from china, hubs and pillar spokes from ebay, then build the wheels here

Well my offer still stands if someone is serious, if we ask for a deal say on 10 sets they should give us some discount. It will make life even easier if they ship to 1 location (say all the western cape okies).