Chinese Carbon Thread

Meezo

Isn't that the same as Meezo's FM098...?

And to answer yes same like the FM098 i got except that being the Di2 compatible one as well as the new seat post clamp design. Much less clumsier than mine and i think slightly lighter!

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, pretty much just need wheels. and skewers. But I also have a wedding to pay for, and I'd like to attend it with both my balls in tact. She's not so slow that me rolling into the house with "These really cheap wheels I got on a never-to-be-repeated deal" or "wheels I'm just borrowing (that I never ever give back to whoever I borrowed em from)" will go by undetected. So after my contribution to the wedding fund payment, I'll be able to finally ride it.

The Highball I mean. :ph34r:

Just a query on shipping: has anyone broached the subject with the dealers to bill the shipping seperately? This would reduce the overall import/duty fees.

Or would this be illegal?

Thanks

Just a query on shipping: has anyone broached the subject with the dealers to bill the shipping seperately? This would reduce the overall import/duty fees.

Thanks

On mine they didn't include shipping on the waybill just the value of the frame and in my mind not illegal. However some of them reduce the cost of the standalone item excl shipping even more...That is illegal though

Thanks

as far i can remember you are not charged duties on shipping, only on the items value

eg Frame $300

Shipping $80

I would only be charged duties on $300, this has happened all the time!

With my order Vivian at Hongfu reduced the waybill amount so i paid very little on Duty. My frame was $350 plus another 50$ for seatpost and handlebar and she made it out to be $100. I didnt even ask her she knew about SA import duties so she sorted it. Good ol Viv

Cheer Rouxtjie and Meezo for the replies.

I based my statement of the following formula I found elsewhere on TheHub. (this may be out of date or incorrect though). However, assuming it is correct, reducing the overall bill by removing the shipping fee will reduce the VAT/Customs fee.

It's good to hear that this is an option.

The steps to calculate the total duties and VAT are:

1. Calculate the Rand (ZAR) value of the invoice (including shipping). This should be done by converting the foreign amount (INV) into ZAR using the SARS exchange rate (ROE) for the date of export. This is the customs value.
  2. Calculate the import duties, using the amounts in Capricorn's list (ID%), based on customs value. These are the Duties (D).
  3. Add 10% to the customs value from step 1. Multiply this new value by 14% to get the VAT amount for the goods.
  4. Add 10% to the Duties value from step 2. Multiply this new value by 14% to get the VAT amount for the duties.
  5. Add the Duties amount from step 2 to the two VAT amounts from steps 3 and 4 to get a the total amount payable to SARS.
  6. Add the clearing fee (usualy R25 for SAPO and R100 for UPS) to the step 5 value to get the total amount you have to pay.

Link to original post: https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/75887-import-duties-on-cycling-goods/

Edited by Dubber

With my order Vivian at Hongfu reduced the waybill amount so i paid very little on Duty. My frame was $350 plus another 50$ for seatpost and handlebar and she made it out to be $100. I didnt even ask her she knew about SA import duties so she sorted it. Good ol Viv

I wouldn't advertise that......

I wouldn't advertise that......

True...but then again stevief didn't do anything wrong...but agreed, hush hush hush and go buy yourself a happy meal with the money you scored

This is one of the best looking chinese bikes.

post-26136-0-37873200-1374597996_thumb.jpg

Is this yours Look695?

Just wondering if the paint job was part of the original order or done locally?

g