Chinese Carbon Thread

Meezo

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone have a contact for nice TT frames? I have had a look at hongfu and some of the other links on this thread, but none of them have any of the newer looking frames. Maybe something that looks almost/kinda/a little bit like a spez shiv or a p4?

You can try Great Keen Bike Sports Equipment - gave me excellent service, price and quality. Talk to Leanne

http://sequelbike.en.alibaba.com/

Also based in Westrand - Constantia Kloof

oh ok thanks, any Cape Townians placing chinese orders soon?

So on the hongfu mtb 29'er frames - is it possible to transplant a canondale lefty fork?

No, they don't have a headtube so it's impossible to do. I wonder how anyone gets a tapered fork mounted.

You'll need a tapered steerer adapter, a lefty, a 1 1/18th stem and a headset.

post-35786-0-10743200-1375706427_thumb.jpg

So it turns out my frame MTB 29er HT is a bit smaller than what I thought it would be by 30mm-50mm.

I consciously took the gamble knowing I'm a large but thought I could get away with a Medium, so I now either take a chance riding with a longer than the normal seat post 450mm or sell this medium(17") & get a large(19"), what's your thoughts?

How hard is it to ask about sizing?

I wouldn't fit a 450mm seat post, rather get the correct size frame.

No, they don't have a headtube so it's impossible to do. I wonder how anyone gets a tapered fork mounted.

You'll need a tapered steerer adapter, a lefty, a 1 1/18th stem and a headset.

cool - thanks for the info.

have you had any hassles with the steering afterwards?

How hard is it to ask about sizing?

I wouldn't fit a 450mm seat post, rather get the correct size frame.

if you don't mind can you please explain why you wouldn't?

cool - thanks for the info.

have you had any hassles with the steering afterwards?

I have been unable to replicate the urban legend that a lefty clad bike tracks to the left! Only hassle has been the reduction in weight of the front end which can lead to popping the odd wheelie and making a manual doable.

I have been unable to replicate the urban legend that a lefty clad bike tracks to the left! Only hassle has been the reduction in weight of the front end which can lead to popping the odd wheelie and making a manual doable.

I take it you sell the steering adapter

I also want to buy a new frame but want to design my own design.. so does anybody know someone in the Durbanville area that could do airbrush painting for me ? or something like that so i can get mine done. Like the plain black frames but need a little something on it though.

I also want to buy a new frame but want to design my own design.. so does anybody know someone in the Durbanville area that could do airbrush painting for me ? or something like that so i can get mine done. Like the plain black frames but need a little something on it though.

Ping BogusOne!!!

Has anyone bought a carbon hardtail chinese frame from ebay or wherever that rides XCO cross-country and not just marathon ?

Has anyone bought a carbon hardtail chinese frame from ebay or wherever that rides XCO cross-country and not just marathon ?

Hi, welcome. No offence, but have you taken the time to read or atleast go thru this thread?

And to answer, yes we have! Many has

ill be honest. No i have not because there are more than 40 pages. :blink:

I just want to know will these frames take rough XCO riding ?

ill be honest. No i have not because there are more than 40 pages. :blink:

I just want to know will these frames take rough XCO riding ?

I'll give you an abridged version....

Yes, as would any other carbon hardtail, they are made through the same means as any other manufacturers, undergo stringent testing at the factories (EU Standard), just without the markup for slapping some stickers and clear coat on the frame.

Hope this helps.