Gear for Enduro 2.0

DR ◣◢

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Almost 2k then, still a good price but I scored one of them super comfy awesome new Leatt DBX 3.0 All Mountain helmets locally for around the same price.

I have a relative bringing mine in so none of the extra costs apply, luckily, making it a proper bargain.  They also have shoes on special - Hellcats for R1200.00 etc.

Those are awesome pity we can't get them.

I'm pretty sure they can be custom made if you take a photo to anyone who does welding?

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure they can be custom made if you take a photo to anyone who does welding?

Problem is more the receiver for the towbar is not common in SA - not sure that a friction mount on a ball will take those loads - but ping ampandy if you want one built... Andy knows his amps.... :)

Problem is more the receiver for the towbar is not common in SA - not sure that a friction mount on a ball will take those loads - but ping ampandy if you want one built... Andy knows his amps.... :)

The towbar looks like the normal detachable towbar mounts, the other real brainteaser will be to build something this whole rack can just simply drop down backwards so one will be able to get into the rear of the car/bakkie. I guess if or when I need something like this, I'll build it myself as well. [emoji41]

Edited by BSG

The towbar looks like the normal detachable towbar mounts, the other real brainteaser will be to build something this whole rack can just simply drop down backwards so one will be able to get into the rear of the car/bakkie. I guess if or when I need something like this, I'll build it myself as well. [emoji41]

Probably be easier to build to just swing to the side - saves having to worry about where the balance point is - 4 or six bikes on a badly balanced rack could give you a solid knock on the pip... :)

Yes this one can fold backwards, and if you make your own then a simple double pin like on the old trapezium racks will work. Also a similar towbar mounted plate to the holdfast one can work. 

p5pb14732280.jpg

Edited by Eddy Gordo

It's actually a 2inch hitch receiver which is a square tube receiver and you can get them but generally only for 4x4 or your off-road vehicle. The towbar guys have told me that they can do a modified one for a car with a towbar and yes you could have one of those made here but it won't be able to tilt or swing to the side. Edited by Bizkit031

It's actually a 2inch hitch receiver which is a square tube receiver and you can get them but generally only for 4x4 or your off-road vehicle. The towbar guys have told me that they can do a modified one for a car with a towbar and yes you could have one of those made here but it won't be able to tilt or swing to the side.

To modify it for either swinging out, or tilting down one can have a look at the 4x4 spare wheel carriers and just modify it to carry the bike rack. With steel, grinder and a welder anything is possible. I've got a friend who does 4x4 modifications, I'm sure it will not be a big problem to have one made.

Edited by BSG

Yes this one can fold backwards, and if you make your own then a simple double pin like on the old trapezium racks will work. Also a similar towbar mounted plate to the holdfast one can work. 

p5pb14732280.jpg

or even this system from holdfast

840657201_4_644x461_holdfast-3-bike-rack

or even this system from holdfast

840657201_4_644x461_holdfast-3-bike-rack

Then just add something like a H sideways and whalla, you've got your upright bike holder [emoji106]

• 4 weeks later...

Are there any shops in SA that stock the Giro Swichblade helmets? From the official site, Omnico is listed as the distributor. I enquired from them but the reply was to get from overseas. Great :(

Are there any shops in SA that stock the Giro Swichblade helmets? From the official site, Omnico is listed as the distributor. I enquired from them but the reply was to get from overseas. Great :(

there's your answer... Get one from Ze Germans or le French.