Gear for Enduro 2.0

DR ◣◢

Hahaha, controversial. Got to brush up on my american and grab some new Khakis cos got these coming in next week! Personally I'm keen on the more minimal pack for riding at the mo. Dig my Evoc but also feel restricted at times so gonna give the fanny a bash... ;-) http://reviews.mtbr.com/leatt-dbx-core-2-0-hip-pack-first-look

They look pretty good. What are they going for? 

I bought a innov8 one as I was keen to lose the pack and didn't want to spend that much. Despite the look I really liked having the weight lower and also I realised I don't need a ton of water for most of the standard rides around the nth burn, Tokai etc (plus my Tranny fits a full bottle in the frame if I wanted to). 

Because it was a bit of a win I got the Camelbak Palos which is like the Leatt and it was a bit of a disappointment. The bladder as opposed to the bottle pushes everything out a bit and makes it wobbly when full so you only half fill it. Storage is good with different compartments but it's all on the back of the pack so adds to the depth away from the body. The think I'd like to see is a pack that wraps the storage and bladder a bit more around the waist. That's what I liked about the Innov8 was all the tools ect could wrapped around you more and I could even fit in a shock pump. It's a trail running pack so its tight. 

race-elite-3-black-silver-3bb.jpg

http://forums.mtbr.com/attachments/beginners-corner/1134681d1493599326-done-hydro-pack-how-do-you-bring-water-camelbak-palos-4lr-2016-photo-1.jpg

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Where did you get your USWE pack from my old F3 might need replacing soon and would like to get one again.

Thanks

From someone local. Cant remember the name, but I bought it off the hub classifieds. Was a store as far as I can recall.

https://www.bikehub.co.za/classifieds/191211-uswe-hydration-packs/

check here

https://mx24.co.za/product-category/mx-accessories/hydration/

Edited by Eddy Gordo

They look pretty good. What are they going for? 

I bought a innov8 one as I was keen to lose the pack and didn't want to spend that much. Despite the look I really liked having the weight lower and also I realised I don't need a ton of water for most of the standard rides around the nth burn, Tokai etc (plus my Tranny fits a full bottle in the frame if I wanted to). 

Because it was a bit of a win I got the Camelbak Palos which is like the Leatt and it was a bit of a disappointment. The bladder as opposed to the bottle pushes everything out a bit and makes it wobbly when full so you only half fill it. Storage is good with different compartments but it's all on the back of the pack so adds to the depth away from the body. The think I'd like to see is a pack that wraps the storage and bladder a bit more around the waist. That's what I liked about the Innov8 was all the tools ect could wrapped around you more and I could even fit in a shock pump. It's a trail running pack so its tight. 

Price on those Innov8's is damn good, sure they're trail running orientated so space is a bit limited but perfect for a chilled pedal and still having some bits with you.

Don't have experience with the Camel Back Palos but from my usage of the Leatt packs they use the flat bladders which have a bonded center which essentially splits the bladder into two chambers but obviously open top and bottom which keeps the bladder relatively flat in your pack without bloating outwards when full. Keeps it pretty tidy and will form nicely to your back vertically or horizontally. Don't know if the Core Bladder uses the same system but I believe it's been designed specifically for the pack itself so they will have kept it compact.

Price on the Leatt Core 2.0 will be around R1200. Not the cheapest but it's a properly designed pack for Endurou' daze.

Price on those Innov8's is damn good, sure they're trail running orientated so space is a bit limited but perfect for a chilled pedal and still having some bits with you.

Price on the Leatt Core 2.0 will be around R1200. Not the cheapest but it's a properly designed pack for Endurou' daze.

I think that its pretty good price as you're running a 2L bladder with 5L overall storage. So it's a decent size and can carry a lot of kit. Seems like a bigger back for longer rides, might check it when it lands. 

What is the best value for money hydration pack at moment?

And go.....

'Value' is a bit of a grey area and obviously relative to your budget.

From someone who used an overpriced Camelbak for 2 years only to puncture it with a hoe on build day (I wasn't looking ok) I wasn't prepared to fork out 4 digits on a bag filled with water.

So I got this

http://www.macete.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/integer.jpg

Which cost me around R400 at the time if I remember correctly. Bought from Lizzard online.

The same guys who do budget surf wear. Bought it in October 2016 and its still flawless.

I has an insulated bladder compartment and lots of pouchs, nooks, sleeves, etc. Even some plastic hooks inside so you wont have to dig for your keys. About 7 or 8 litres of storage with More zips than a Michael Jackson jacket. See that red zip at the bottom? A kangaroo net pouch folds out to hold your fullface. Pretty handy. It didn't come with a bladder though so I got a 2 litre like this.

1090809_aa.jpg

I paid R300 at the time if I remember correctly. 14 months and R700 later. Very happy.

That's great value. 

It seems like my one is discontinued now though. They still have some goodies which qualify as good value. Check Lizzard's website.

UJp7K2P.jpg

3mNpyG2.jpg

I love the EVOC range. But I think its ridiculously overpriced. If I had money to burn I probably wouldn't bother scouring the forgotten corners of the internet to try and find the best bang for my buck. I'd just go EVOC cos they fit the bill and look uber cool. Duane's suggestion has protection features though. Which changes things drastically. Suddenly that price tag needs some fresh perspective. Also something to consider when trying to establish value. 

That looks a bargain with a back protector as well. Hummm.... now do I *need* a new pack? ;)

LOL I was in the same boat, but then realized the is white in the pack.........

I see Leatt has 2 version of the pack, GPX (Moto) and the DBX (MTB)

I can't really see a huge difference between them. A few extra features (tool storage card), but otherwise the same. Unless I'm missing something

If gloves, suspension oil, tyres are anything to go by the MTB version will be less durable and significantly more expensive. But crucially it will be 3 grams lighter justifying the price differential.

Good point, I think I'll pull the trigger. Thanks guys!

• 2 weeks later...