Gear for Enduro 2.0

DR ◣◢

Forgot to say that I rather like this modern moonbag... I could definitely strap that one on and not feel like too much of a d#$k :-)

Innov8 - R250. Same, same as the Bontrager and personally I think it's a better short ride pack than my Camelbak Palos. Better fit, no wobble. Can store alot. Takes the big Camelbak bottles as well. 

Try it.. you might just like it. ;)

race-elite-3-black-silver-3bb.jpg

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pity. Feels somewhat risky to bring SRAM brakes in from overseas given their earlier issues with the lever...decisions, decisions

I have been running guides since they came out - no issues really - only some sticky pistons that were resolved under warrantee locally. In general they have been trouble free - thus I want to put the codes on my new el cheapo dh bike... :)

Always been my thing about the guides. The reviews are constantly 'great, great, only had to send them back twice, great, great...' and they come put high marks. Huh?  I've never sent any brakes back and loads of people have issues with the guides.  

Maybe better to go with some local Hopes E3 V4's for R5690 from Bike Addict (with yummy braided hoses) rather than local CWC codes. :)

I can now compare Guides to SLX - same rotor size.   The feel is top notch but the absolute control under very hard braking seems to be lacking on the Guides. I sometimes feel as if I am going to overshoot whereas with the SLX I always have a little bit of reserve power at just the right moment. I also find the SLX levers far easier to set up for one finger braking...

Just done a partial bleed on the front Guide and it feels a bit better - needs a proper test ride however. 

wow, the last few posts on guides, have just knocked the nail further in the coffin for me...

Commuter - Shimano

Trail Bike - Shimano

XC Bike - Shimano Temp, bought guides to fit

seems shimano will stay, guides will stay in tool box...
trail bike has zee's so wanted the 4pot on the XC bike too, might as well keep using the Shimano they are so faultless

Yeah I've only read good things about the Cura and Summit bikes have them really well priced at the moment. As much as those Hopes are super bling tempting they do come at a premium. Weight is of limited importance to me, I'm heavy enough as it is and I'd rather lose weight on my person than skimp on parts for a few extra grams

Or G it out with Gwinn's Signature TRP's Quadiem G-Spec on special (25% off, £138) at CRC making it a tempting price. Personally I keep looking at those Hope and getting a twitchy finger until I rememeber my Cura's are bloody brilliant and are about half price. 

HC, how do you find the reach adjust on the Cura's?

HC, how do you find the reach adjust on the Cura's?

They have reach adjust?  :blush: 

Honestly, I did think about changing them up but they have been on point out of the box so didn't bother. 

Leatt expecting new shipment in March and they should be on there so worth waiting for if you really want that model.

Thanks! Been looking forward to the 2.0s for a while now, so worth the wait. Your special on the 3.0s making it difficult though!

I can now compare Guides to SLX - same rotor size.   The feel is top notch but the absolute control under very hard braking seems to be lacking on the Guides. I sometimes feel as if I am going to overshoot whereas with the SLX I always have a little bit of reserve power at just the right moment. I also find the SLX levers far easier to set up for one finger braking...

Just done a partial bleed on the front Guide and it feels a bit better - needs a proper test ride however. 

the guide R's (I think that's what you have, right?) are a bit... strange. They don't have the same cam as the RS / RSC / Ultimate, which results in a very linear delivery of power. RS / RSC / Ultimate have a more progressive nature to the power delivery. 

Having said that - the Hopes I have now are far better ito modulation, IMO. 

They have reach adjust?  :blush: 

Honestly, I did think about changing them up but they have been on point out of the box so didn't bother. 

Reach adjust is on the inner side of the lever blade, think you need an allen key to work it. Just seems like a fiddly location