Gear for Enduro 2.0

DR ◣◢

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone done this conversion with real world feedback.

I'm no where near talented enough to ride my Pike anywhere near it's full capabilities, but I give it a fair whack. I find it extremely well controlled and mated to the front of my Tall Boy and Zesty, I can pretty much plough through anything with a fair amount of confidence that I will be able to control it.

But .... if I could make it better ,.. that would be awesome !!

I have not installed the Luftkappe yet but from what I have heard from a source who has been on one for a few weeks is that it gives the pike a more Lyrik like feel on the small chatter, so more sensitive to small bump.

I have a Lyrik but I am hoping to get one for my Pike on another bike soon.I will definitely shoot an installation video as well as a review if I do end up getting one.

I have not installed the Luftkappe yet but from what I have heard from a source who has been on one for a few weeks is that it gives the pike a more Lyrik like feel on the small chatter, so more sensitive to small bump.

I have a Lyrik but I am hoping to get one for my Pike on another bike soon.I will definitely shoot an installation video as well as a review if I do end up getting one.

Ah. Sorry dude. Thought you'd already tested it.

Is the installation reversible?

Depends how much locktite the tech who assembled the piston assembly puts on the thread. Ray's was smothered top to bottom with the proper stuff, so he had to involve the steel. Others have had none on, and it screwed straight off.

If yours is the former you can get a new piston assembly.

Damn all this damper upgrade business is just not ayoba.

I am starting to like this CTS option from Formula.

p4pb14640899.jpg

Damn all this damper upgrade business is just not ayoba.

I am starting to like this CTS option from Formula.

p4pb14640899.jpg

Do you run a Formula fork? I must say I cant remember seeing anyone sporting one down in CT.

Does it work with MRP’s Ramp Control cartridge?
Compatible configurations: Pike up to 150mm, Lyrik up to 160mm

Does this mean, that if you are not running a MRP ramp control cartridge that you can install it on a Pike 160mm, in other words if you run the standard RS cartridge ? 

Does it work with MRP’s Ramp Control cartridge?[/size]Compatible configurations: Pike up to 150mm, Lyrik up to 160mm[/size]

Does this mean, that if you are not running a MRP ramp control cartridge that you can install it on a Pike 160mm, in other words if you run the standard RS cartridge ?

Will work with the standard token setup but not the Ramp control cartridge,which I am running so it won't work unless I fit the token cartridge back in.

Does it work with MRP’s Ramp Control cartridge?

Compatible configurations: Pike up to 150mm, Lyrik up to 160mm

yes. Mate is running it on a 160mm pike with no problems

Will work with the standard token setup but not the Ramp control cartridge,which I am running so it won't work unless I fit the token cartridge back in.

Cool, thanks for the reply.

Excuse all the questions, but I'm learning as I go along here.

Is the benefit with the ramp control cartridge better than not having the luftkappe, or would you rather run the luftkappe with the token cartridge ? 

Cool, thanks for the reply.

Excuse all the questions, but I'm learning as I go along here.

Is the benefit with the ramp control cartridge better than not having the luftkappe, or would you rather run the luftkappe with the token cartridge ? 

Luftkappe, IMO

Cheaper, does the same thing as what RS did to the new Pike, and you can still add tokens to get the same effect as the Ramp Control cartridge. 

Do you run a Formula fork? I must say I cant remember seeing anyone sporting one down in CT.

Not yet, Will def look into it when I upgrade my current dual sus.

I have/had a fox ctd which I upgraded to fit 4 which is by miles way better than the ctd. Now apparently it is not all that great and there is another upgrade for the fit 4. Hence why I like the cts option. You purchase a one off pack of 3 and you can change them whenever.