LCHF - Low Carb High Fat Diet Ver 2

ok thanks. That is the wrong picture I posted though. I have the one that doesn't taste like coconut, but can't find a photo on Dischem website

Remember to be careful with that odourless refined stuff. Always buy the cold pressed virgin coconut oil.

The cheaper odourless refined product is heat extracted and processed with bleaching clay, and much of the excellent properties of coconut oil are damaged/lost as a result.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember to be careful with that odourless refined stuff. Always buy the cold pressed virgin coconut oil.

The cheaper odourless refined product is heat extracted and processed with bleaching clay, and much of the excellent properties of coconut oil are damaged/lost as a result.

so is the odourless one good for cooking/frying though?

I guess so, although it would be cheaper to buy ghee, which in my opinion is the best for frying. My missus doesn't like the taste of ghee so she cooks with macadamia oil.

Edit: Chris Kresser on his top 5 fats to cook with.

Edited by tombeej

I guess so, although it would be cheaper to buy ghee, which in my opinion is the best for frying. My missus doesn't like the taste of ghee so she cooks with macadamia oil.

Edit: Chris Kresser on his top 5 fats to cook with.

I must look for a stockist of ghee, or just render my own fat

If the words; "hydrogenated", "partially hydrogenated", "trans fat" or something similar future somewhere on the label, I would not bring it near my mouth.

Dischem now stock pure MCT oil, which is great to see. I bought a bottle immediately.

I was very interested to see the display area (Westwood mall in DBN) saying 'Banting Diet Friendly'. Sign of things to come?

Sunday morning and time for my ride. I had nothing for breakfast, just took a swig of the MCT oil, took 550ml of water and headed out. 100km and 1800m climbing later I came home feeling pretty good.

The good thing about this stuff is that it's completely tasteless. So for people who can't stomach the taste/smell of coconut oil, this is definitely a product to look out for.

So I obviously rushed off to dischem and bought some, along with one of those little milk frothing machines for work. It makes very good bulletproof coffee (I just need to get some butter).

Thanks tombeej

what section in the shop do you find it?

In the area where the butters are. I guess that since I live in Natal I'll probably find it easier to locate here, as it's a traditional Indian cooking fat so more shops will stock it.

The ghee that the supermarkets stock here is the Clover product. It comes in a 1.5kg tub (pic below) that takes up too much space in the fridge, so best thing is to cut out sections into a tupperware for the fridge, with the tub going into the freezer.

post-22004-0-56897000-1408357763_thumb.png

"Low-carb living for families" by Monique le Roux Forslund.

I find the recipes in this book more practical, easier and most of them tastier than the recipes in "Real meal revolution" Just my 2c worth.

In the area where the butters are. I guess that since I live in Natal I'll probably find it easier to locate here, as it's a traditional Indian cooking fat so more shops will stock it. The ghee that the supermarkets stock here is the Clover product. It comes in a 1.5kg tub (pic below) that takes up too much space in the fridge, so best thing is to cut out sections into a tupperware for the fridge, with the tub going into the freezer.

I've seen it at checkers as well, next to the butter in the fridge

Edit:

I find the recipes in this book more practical, easier and most of them tastier than the recipes in "Real meal revolution" Just my 2c worth.

ebook cost R58 at kalahari, might just give it a go

Edited by Oxter

ebook cost R58 at kalahari, might just give it a go

I've got the E-book, and we use it a lot. I also feel it's far better than RMR

I eat according to Prof Noakes book. Morning- 2 eggs + 2 bacon with a mushroom fried I coco oil wit thick slice of tomato. lunch- Tin tuna/ 130g pork/ lamb/ beef chicken with about 150 g of vegs (geen list) all fried in coco oil. Supper the same or a nice lentil with vegs soup. The portion sizes are plus/ minus. In between meals I will eat some nuts or perhaps a teaspoon or two of mac butter and or a apple. With the nuts and apple I stay in the recommended 50 g carbs a day. I forgot to mention I get extremely constipated :eek: - like 3 days in a row and then on day 4 I need to go to bathroom in total isolation. Its not safe in a 100 meter radius :nuke: :blush:

http://talkfeed.co.za/bowel-movements-lchf-diet/