LCHF - Low Carb High Fat Diet Ver 2

Do you really need "Banting" restaurants? I order steak & salad and/or veg with a glass of red.

I order the same just two bottles of red instead of a glass

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Where did you buy that MCT oil? When I ask the staff at Dischem, I get blank expressions.

The Dischem I went to didn't have any, so I got it at a health shop elsewhere (at a much higher price)

Bulletproof coffee - how I love thee..

1 tsp MCT oil

1 tsp kerrygold butter

Coffee of choice

sweetner of choice

*** Protein (Egg, powder) if you need additional nutrients, otherwise get those at lunch/dinner.

something to spritz it up, and make it nice and creamy.

This is breakfast in a cup.

Edited by Surv0MTB

Bulletproof coffee - how I love thee..

1 tsp MCT oil

1 tsp kerrygold butter

Coffee of choice

sweetner of choice

*** Protein (Egg, powder) if you need additional nutrients, otherwise get those at lunch/dinner.

something to spritz it up, and make it nice and creamy.

This is breakfast in a cup.

Only a teaspoon? I smash a table spoon of mct, unsalted butter, and sometimes cream too. ;)

So good before my rides. I just eat a big handful of almonds and I'm good to go.

Tried these last week - replaced coco powder with Nomu Skinny - left out the sweetener (nomu is sweet enough) - almond butter is ok, but will try next time with Macadamia butter. the almond is a bit bland. These are like ice cream - melt when warm, so no good for your lunchbox :whistling:

I did exactly that...really njoy it

When do you take them? Early morning, just before excercise or just as a general snack

Mine is 30-40g butter, 30-40g coconut oil, 50g cream and a double shot of espresso, I cannot stand it sweetened, just seems to make it even oilier, love it like this. I'll often put a teaspoon of coconut oil in my coffee, or coconut cream if there is an open tin in the fridge

The Dischem I went to didn't have any, so I got it at a health shop elsewhere (at a much higher price)

We supply organic MCT oil 500ml for R110. Pm me your email address and I'll send you more details.

You guys all seem to have it together. Comment :

So, I have stepped up my training a lot over the past few weeks and food is going well. BUT today I absolutely couldn't get enough food in. I wasn't craving sweets ... I wanted food and lots of it. My breakfast was so big that I had eaten 4200 of the 6000 kJ for the day (BMR - no training today) and I could have had more. Of course I ate a cr*p load more.

Do any of you have munchie days? Must say, it doesn't happen too often.

So, I have stepped up my training a lot over the past few weeks and food is going well. BUT today I absolutely couldn't get enough food in. I wasn't craving sweets ... I wanted food and lots of it. My breakfast was so big that I had eaten 4200 of the 6000 kJ for the day (BMR - no training today) and I could have had more. Of course I ate a cr*p load more.

Definitely. I train 6 days a week. I am hungry all the time. I eat plenty of fat, and have decided it's just how it is for me. I always have a stock of coconut oil and mct oil in the office to stop me snacking on anything else.

Just remember that BMR relates to the absolute basic requirements for your body to maintain body weight. In other words, if you are in a vegetative state in a hospital bed, that's your BMR.

To be more realistic, you need to take into account that you get out of bed each day, go to work, go to meetings, chase after kids and family, etc. So even on a non-training day, you will burn a helluva lot more kJ than your BMR requirements. If you are trying to stick to your BMR needs you are going to be in a deep energy deficit - no wonder you're hungry!

does anyone have a contact for a 5l coconut oil supplier? we're using too much to keep buying 1l tubs.

Thanks

I came across something on the internet a while back where you can buy up to a 20l bucket (if i remeber correctly, but definitely a 10l bucket). Couldnt find the link for you, but will keep on searching

Edited by Oxter

We supply organic MCT oil 500ml for R110. Pm me your email address and I'll send you more details.

is this the going rate for MCT oil ?

A colleague just had one of these over lunch. He was telling me about how nice this new product tastes and that I should try one. Then we read the label.

'Clever' Marketing:

It comes in a 500ml bottle. It claims to be formulated to hydrate you better than water. It has a special “Lower in Sugar – Healthier choice” label on it. This must be good for you!!!

120mg Sodium per serving (250ml),

Some other electrolytes,

17g Sugar per serving (250ml),

0g fat,

0g Protein.

There is actually 34g Sugar in a bottle. They have to “hide” the sugar by adding 240mg of Sodium - otherwise no one would drink it.

Would you eat six teaspoons of sugar on top of your regular lunch or dinner?

post-5590-0-40578000-1409744205_thumb.jpg

post-5590-0-05078900-1409744227_thumb.jpg

When I see that Healthier Choice sign, I run :w00t:

edit, also

eat all foods in moderation

then you know there's sugar, or fructose

Edited by deanbean