LCHF - Low Carb High Fat Diet Ver 2

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would really appreciate some feedback on a new dessert range we are planning to launch quite soon.

Healthy living has been a passion of mine for a long time (contrary to the business I am in :) ), although, for a long time, it meant I ate frequent "balanced" meals, low fat, and too much protein, and basically zero sodium.

Have now been a happy banter for about 2 years and I think now is as good time as any to bring out a low carb dessert range.

Please give me your thoughts... As low carb enthusiasts, would you buy these desserts (assuming they taste good - they do ;) )? They will come in 3-packs (120g X 3). The chocolate mousse is 3 X 55g.

Thanks in advance.

p.s apologies to the guys I offered Kefir to. Life happened - kefir went vrot. Drink probiotic caps everyday. Will get some kefir going again asap and share as promised.

post-12955-0-48546600-1410423921_thumb.png

post-12955-0-26994100-1410423938_thumb.png

post-12955-0-16872400-1410423947_thumb.png

post-12955-0-34824300-1410423953_thumb.png

I would really appreciate some feedback on a new dessert range we are planning to launch quite soon.

Healthy living has been a passion of mine for a long time (contrary to the business I am in :) ), although, for a long time, it meant I ate frequent "balanced" meals, low fat, and too much protein, and basically zero sodium.

Have now been a happy banter for about 2 years and I think now is as good time as any to bring out a low carb dessert range.

Please give me your thoughts... As low carb enthusiasts, would you buy these desserts (assuming they taste good - they do ;) )? They will come in 3-packs (120g X 3). The chocolate mousse is 3 X 55g.

Thanks in advance.

p.s apologies to the guys I offered Kefir to. Life happened - kefir went vrot. Drink probiotic caps everyday. Will get some kefir going again asap and share as promised.

The chocolate mouse looks like a winner to me, not so sure on the other because I look for things that have fat (within reason)more than just things that don't have sugar. However the other products still look like a good scapegoat for a sweet tooth moment.

Only negative point is on the ingredients is "colourant", "stabilisers" and "emulsifiers", anal shoppers (like me) wonder whether its safe. And also cant the palm oil be replaced with something else, the people who have read "real meal revolution " will see that as a negative, perhaps use coconut, olive or gee?

Thumbs up on the Stevia and Zyliton , its good to see that quality.

Just a few points but I will purchase this, cant wait to see your products in the shops!

Hi b-unit,

My thoughts when evaluating foods go like this:

1. do the ingredients look like they are good for me?

2. is it low carb?

So, yes I class your products as lo-carb ... not high fat though ... might have to mix some real cream in with the mousse :)

On the "is it good for me?" I have to be honest and say there are too many preservatives / stabilisers / hydrogenated thingies for my liking - I would not partake. But that is a very personal thing.

Is there a market - hell yes, I think you will sell loads! Best of luck.

Hi b-unit,

My thoughts when evaluating foods go like this:

1. do the ingredients look like they are good for me?

2. is it low carb?

So, yes I class your products as lo-carb ... not high fat though ... might have to mix some real cream in with the mousse :)

On the "is it good for me?" I have to be honest and say there are too many preservatives / stabilisers / hydrogenated thingies for my liking - I would not partake. But that is a very personal thing.

Is there a market - hell yes, I think you will sell loads! Best of luck.

The chocolate mouse looks like a winner to me, not so sure on the other because I look for things that have fat (within reason)more than just things that don't have sugar. However the other products still look like a good scapegoat for a sweet tooth moment.

Only negative point is on the ingredients is "colourant", "stabilisers" and "emulsifiers", anal shoppers (like me) wonder whether its safe. And also cant the palm oil be replaced with something else, the people who have read "real meal revolution " will see that as a negative, perhaps use coconut, olive or gee?

Thumbs up on the Stevia and Zyliton , its good to see that quality.

Just a few points but I will purchase this, cant wait to see your products in the shops!

Thanks for the input guys!

I would love to make a mousse with pastured (raw) cream and 80% dark chocolate only, but unfortunately it will just not be affordable for most :( . Hopefully the market grows enough so that we can eventually make and sell these products. We have, however, kept the "nasties" as low as possible (within reason in terms of practicality). Also keep in mind that those ingredients make up small portions of the end product. So if you were to have 1 serving per day, the "nasties" still end up being very small quantities compared to junk food (eg. fast food, processed ready meals, baked goods and so on...).

I felt that sticking to stevia/xylitol instead of other sweeteners (even thought cost and taste was more difficult to get right) was one of the most important factors.

The idea was to make desserts that taste delicious and can still be enjoyed by banters and also be affordable for most people (Roughly R21 for a 3-pack).

Appreciate the quality feedback.

Thanks in advance.

Hydrogenated vegetable fat? Eish! Aikona. Worst type of edible fat known to man. My personal opinion: Hou verby.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/6-risks-of-hydrogenated-oils-in-your-diet/

Ja, Sniffie, was surprised that one wasn't picked up sooner. On the top of my all-time worst foods list. Sorry b-unit, but that one absolutely has to go if it has any chance of being accepted.

Thanks for the input guys!

I would love to mad (eg. fast food, processed ready meals, baked goods and so on...).

I felt that sticking to stevia/xylitol instead of other sweeteners (even thought cost and taste was more difficult to get right) was one of the most important factors.

The idea was to make desserts that taste delicious and can still be enjoyed by banters and also be affordable for most people (Roughly R21 for a 3-pack).

Appreciate the quality feedback.

A pleasure, take heart in that you are dealing with some serious perfectionists on this thread, I know lots of banters that would go mad for your products. I will support it too!

godd luck!

Hydrogenated vegetable fat? Eish! Aikona. Worst type of edible fat known to man. My personal opinion: Hou verby.

http://www.3fatchick...s-in-your-diet/

Ja, Sniffie, was surprised that one wasn't picked up sooner. On the top of my all-time worst foods list. Sorry b-unit, but that one absolutely has to go if it has any chance of being accepted.

Valid concern, although it makes up a very small part of the product. The cream blend make up about 20% of the product and of that cream, around 33% is fat, and only some of that fat is made up by the hydrogenated fat.

But still, I get your point and will re-evaluate the possibility of using 100% dairy cream (i.t.o cost and consistency).

How about the other 3 products? Can we at least count on some sales from you on those? ;)

A pleasure, take heart in that you are dealing with some serious perfectionists on this thread, I know lots of banters that would go mad for your products. I will support it too!

godd luck!

Thanks K-Man!