LCHF - Low Carb High Fat Diet Ver 2

No stock @ Kalahari. I ordered a copy, but delivery keeps being delayed. I cancelled my order.

Bargain Books apparently have copies for sale, so I will try there.

Olympic cycles has some.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So last night I slipped up and smashed a lemon curd tart in my face. It was awesome. However, very interesting to notice that I immediately developed stomach cramps, felt rubbish during my swim this morning and somehow managed to put on a kilogram...

Carbs...they are evil little buggers. Pastry is awesome though.

So last night I slipped up and smashed a lemon curd tart in my face. It was awesome. However, very interesting to notice that I immediately developed stomach cramps, felt rubbish during my swim this morning and somehow managed to put on a kilogram...

Carbs...they are evil little buggers. Pastry is awesome though.

LOL. Pastry is awesome. I'm definitely going to have to find an alternate pastry dough recipe for shortcrust pastry - quiche, pies, etc etc. Love that stuff. Good thing is that any alternative will automatically have a very high fat content thanks to the butter EDIT: Coconut oil or shortening as well) in the pastry.

Googling paleo shortcrust...

Paleo Pie Crust

· 2 cups blanched almond flour

· ¼ teaspoon celtic sea salt

· 2 tablespoons coconut oil

· 1 egg

1. Place flour and salt in
and pulse briefly

2. Add coconut oil and egg and pulse until mixture forms a ball

3. Press dough into a 9-inch pie dish

4. Bake at 350° for 8-12 minutes

Makes 1 pie crust

or:

Yield: 9-inch round pie crust

Ingredients

§ 2 1/2 cup

§ 1/2 tsp

§ 1/2 tsp

§ 1/2 cup

§ 2 Tbsp

§ 1 tsp

Process

1. Preheat oven to 325°F.

2. In a medium sized bowl, combine dry ingredients.

3. In a small bowl, combine wet ingredients (make sure to melt the palm shortening before mixing it into the batter, about 40 seconds in the microwave does the trick).

4. Stir wet ingredients into dry.

5. Pat the dough into a 9-inch glass pie dish, and bake for 10–15 minutes, or until golden.

6. Remove from oven to cool

Edited by cpt armpies mayhem

I think Discovery Vitality is now poked.

I had the Vitality Health screen thing done and everything fell into the 'good' level except for cholesterol (which was 5.4 vs a 'good' level of 5 (which we know will happen) and they tell me my vitality age is 2 years older than I am... they need to pull their game together!!

Me Target

Blood pressure

128/75 mmHg Less Than 140/90 mmHg

Weight

76.0 kg

Height

1.83 m

Body mass index

22.7 18.5 - 25

Total cholesterol

5.4 mmol/l Less Than 5 mmol/l

Random glucose

5.4 mmol/l Less Than 7.8 mmol/l

Waist circumference

82.0 cm Less Than 102.0 cm

Fruit and vegetable intake

5 - 9 servings per day At least 5 fruit and vegetables daily

Physical activity

330.0 minutes of exercise per week 150 minutes per week

Smoking status

Never smoked No smoking!

Edited by davetapson

Dave - Vitality hammers me on BMI every year. I am 1.7m, 75kg which puts me above 25 BMI. They hurt my feelings so badly everytime they tell me that I am OBESE :( ;-)

But my %bodyfat is <10%.

I'm still hungry all the time. I keep carbs below 70g a day, mostly below that. Fat is always at or over 200g per day, and protein around 100g per day. I am doing a lot of riding though. Like 2hrs a day. Question is, more fat? More carbs? Noakes says up to 150-200g per day if training hard?

More fat if you are still hungry

what sort of fat? also hungry a lot and I want to up my fat intake as well.

I'm still hungry all the time. I keep carbs below 70g a day, mostly below that. Fat is always at or over 200g per day, and protein around 100g per day. I am doing a lot of riding though. Like 2hrs a day. Question is, more fat? More carbs? Noakes says up to 150-200g per day if training hard?

Try some free foods like green veg with meals. I hope you aint just eating 370g a day total. As far as I know the aim is to not starve yourself.

what sort of fat? also hungry a lot and I want to up my fat intake as well.

More coconut oil, butter or macadamia/almond butter, or any animal fat as far as I know. I keep droewors and fatty biltong at the ready as well.

Will be making some fat bombs tonight

More coconut oil, butter or macadamia/almond butter, or any animal fat as far as I know. I keep droewors and fatty biltong at the ready as well.

Will be making some fat bombs tonight

what's your recipe for the fat bomb?

Try some free foods like green veg with meals. I hope you aint just eating 370g a day total. As far as I know the aim is to not starve yourself.

Wait, something isn't right. I think those are net grams or something. They are from an app I use to track eating. Works out at about 3000 kcal per day...

Wait, something isn't right. I think those are net grams or something. They are from an app I use to track eating. Works out at about 3000 kcal per day...

Yep, net grams of fat / protein / carbs. Lombard just got his mind mixed up a bit. A 300g steak does NOT have 300g of protein. Your figures were right, but have no relation to the gross weight of the food that you're ingesting.

If I'm eating enough, but I'm still hungry because my brain is bored and wants something to snack on (dangerous territory for me), I take a large tablespoon of coconut oil chased by a very large glass of water (500ml +). The combination is deadly - it overrides your satiety sensors and makes you feel very full.

Yep, net grams of fat / protein / carbs. Lombard just got his mind mixed up a bit. A 300g steak does NOT have 300g of protein. Your figures were right, but have no relation to the gross weight of the food that you're ingesting.

Yes. I misunderstood.