LCHF - Low Carb High Fat Diet Ver 2

I am back in to ketosis according to my sticks,,?.?? Only just after a week or so(since joberg2 c and sani2c ) high carbs due to uunavailbilty of fat during stage races, is this possible from eating correctly for only a week I have had no carb " flu" just back in ........possible???i was full LCHF for about 4 months prior

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys,

question, is pork crackling ( like chips ) the same as pork kraailing?

I got some from Frankies Fenner's Meat Market ( klooff street , CT ).

Where can I get Kraailing from?

tx

Kaaiings or Kaiings are usually small square pieces of deep-fried fat. In essence the same as crackling, just presented slightly differently. Interestingly because kaaiings are saturated animal fat, they can last for a long time outside of a refrigerator without going rancid, which makes them really handy as a carry-along source of fat.

You can get them from Winelands Pork in Stikland, Bellville.

http://www.wlpork.co.za/

I am back in to ketosis according to my sticks,,?.?? Only just after a week or so(since joberg2 c and sani2c ) high carbs due to uunavailbilty of fat during stage races, is this possible from eating correctly for only a week I have had no carb " flu" just back in ........possible???i was full LCHF for about 4 months prior

Because you had been on a fairly strict LCHF regime prior to this, it means that you became properly adapted. Your "second engine" is built and ready, you just needed to switch it on again.

I have had some horror weekends w.r.t. carbs and I am back into ketosis in under 3 days every time. Just shows that being a little strict initially does pay dividends in the long run - now you can have those "cheat days" and you don't have to go through re-adaptation. Just keep the cheat days to days and not weeks.... :whistling:

what exactly did you do?I think I need to go 100% paleo for a bit to lose a kg or 2, but dont know if i can seriously cut out all dairy.

Went into my normal,LCHF diet I was on before, joberg 2 c ,,, just for the record I did not loose weight on LCHF( I am the exception) I used it purely for FUELING for long rides, not weight loss even though I got lots to loose, my LCHF did not work for my weight loss

Do a search for Jimmy Moore ("Livin' la vida low-carb" is his podcast series and website name) and his year-long experiment w.r.t. weight loss in nutritional ketosis. Although this is an n=1 experiment, his methodology and results are rock-solid. Also remember that many people on LCHF only start losing weight 6 - 8 months into it, whilst other drop their weight very early on. We are all different, so if you are a slow weight loser, hang in there and keep off the carbs, you will eventually see your bodyfat drop, even if you weight does not.

Do a search for Jimmy Moore ("Livin' la vida low-carb" is his podcast series and website name) and his year-long experiment w.r.t. weight loss in nutritional ketosis. Although this is an n=1 experiment, his methodology and results are rock-solid. Also remember that many people on LCHF only start losing weight 6 - 8 months into it, whilst other drop their weight very early on. We are all different, so if you are a slow weight loser, hang in there and keep off the carbs, you will eventually see your bodyfat drop, even if you weight does not.

You know me ill keep plugging away, I know LCHF works for fueling for me

Evidence that you should not believe everything you read. These pearls of wisdom were sprouted by News24's Diet Doctor!

http://www.health24....ign=Newsletters

Myth #3: Eating carbohydrates makes you fat.

This is really an amazing statement. Carbohydrates, including sugar, contain 16kJ (4kcal) per gram. If they contain dietary fibre, their energy content is even further reduced.

Fat, on the other hand, contains 37kJ (9kcal) per gram – a whopping difference. So if you approach dieting logically, it makes more sense to reduce your fat intake and to continue eating high-fibre carbohydrates.

Edited by Wet Ears

Evidence that you should not believe everything you read. These pearls of wisdom were sprouted by News24's Diet Doctor!

http://www.health24....ign=Newsletters

Myth #3: Eating carbohydrates makes you fat.

This is really an amazing statement. Carbohydrates, including sugar, contain 16kJ (4kcal) per gram. If they contain dietary fibre, their energy content is even further reduced.

Fat, on the other hand, contains 37kJ (9kcal) per gram – a whopping difference. So if you approach dieting logically, it makes more sense to reduce your fat intake and to continue eating high-fibre carbohydrates.

What a pearler. That is why one should read and interpret a study yourself, don't rely on "professionals" that base their opinions on outdated books. I bet that this Diet Doc doesn't even know that fibre is just abrasive sugar.

Does anyone know where I can get Ketostix (or the same) in Johannesburg? I've asked at Clicks and DisChem in Illovo and they don't have stock and don't know how to get any. I've also asked two other smaller pharmacies in the area and also without joy.

Does anyone know where I can get Ketostix (or the same) in Johannesburg? I've asked at Clicks and DisChem in Illovo and they don't have stock and don't know how to get any. I've also asked two other smaller pharmacies in the area and also without joy.

They no longer sell Ketostix at DisChem, but they do sell sticks called Diabur or something. They test both glucose and ketones. If nothing else, you can get them at Dischem at Boksburg, or Farrarmere (Benoni).

i am in kempton park/edenvale i can get for you, if you nearby i can get a driver to drop it off for you

Was on holiday in Italy for 2 weeks. Very challenging on my vegetarian diet. Didn't get as much protein as I like and also not nearly as much fat. Lived on pasta, pizza and sweets. Lots of ice cream and coke. Very bad diet.

I noticed that I developed a sugar craving and now have a sugar aversion as I up my protein and fat again.

Put on only 1 kg. Energy levels seemed unchanged. Just not fond of the taste of all that sugar otherwise I don't see a difference. I know I am playing devils advocate again but are our bodies not designed to run on what ever is around? Surely if we are going to look at what cave men and women ate then we must accept they pigged out on seasonal stuff. Buckets of fruit when they found it. Honey when they could. Fish when salmon were spawning and so on.

This extreme stuff bothers me quite frankly

Happy Martin, my view is do whatever works for you (as stated several times in this thread). If I could get away with eating pasta, ice cream, sweets and Coke and not notice any marked difference I would be a very happy man. My missus can do that but I cannot. I am only in week 3 of the LCHF diet but am already 5 kgs down so this does appear to be the solution for me (touch wood).

Also feeling good.

i am in kempton park/edenvale i can get for you, if you nearby i can get a driver to drop it off for you

Thanks dipslick. I have sent you a PM.