LCHF - Low Carb High Fat Diet Ver 2

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cup cooked spinach, 1/2 pack chopped bacon (or more), 1/2 pack sliced mushrooms, cup of cream, cup of crumbled feta (2 roundels work for me). 4 eggs.

Fry bacon and shrooms together (mushrooms less carbs than onion but u can use onion) in oil/butter.

Mix all ingredients except eggs in an oven proof dish.

Beat eggs (naughty eggs) with some fresh parsley and pour on top of mix in dish.

Sprinkle some grated cheese on top and bung in preheated 180 deg oven for 45 mins.

Bit like a quiche or a mixed up omelet.

This morning while in bed a stretched and yawned like a lion, and my one calve just cramped. It cramped more than I have ever experienced in training or racing.

I'm perplexed as to why it happened. I am taking magnesium, had plenty salt yesterday and hadn't trained this week

This morning while in bed a stretched and yawned like a lion, and my one calve just cramped. It cramped more than I have ever experienced in training or racing.

I'm perplexed as to why it happened. I am taking magnesium, had plenty salt yesterday and hadn't trained this week

Had the same happen to me a month ago just as I woke up. Blinding pain...Hurt like f@#!.

Find stairs or a curb and stretch it out over the next few days. Pretty much instant relief.

edit: Was a first-time for me. Also hadn't done any exercise that week. Drove down to Durban from Jhb 32 hours before it happened. First night in Durban: No cramps. Seconds night woke up with the cramp. Next morning in Jhb was fine.

Thinking it was dehydration.

Edited by schweinehund

Yeh - cramping does seem to happen. I found that if I up my magnesium, it seems to do the trick. I think it is Volek who says that if you get cramping, you need to increase your magnesium - either bit by bit until the cramps stop, or to increase intake to something quite high and then lower it until cramps start again and then raise it back up a bit.

There are magnesium supplements and magnesium supplements. If you want to know that your magnesium is actually being absorbed, you should go with a magnesium chelate supplement - more expensive, but better.

I take ultimag - not as effective, but cheap, so I just take more.

Edit: The other thing is to take salt. I buy (rediculously overpriced) salt tablets from Dischem and I find if I take 2 per day, it also helps with not feeling tired etc. Dunno if it helps with cramps tho. Two salt tabs is only .4g salt, but it seems that I get enough in the rest of my diet to make up.

Edited by davetapson

Hope you didn't fall of your bicycle :D

Read somewhere (sorry for not having a reference) that LCHF lowers alcohol tolerance. Haven't tested the theory beyond odd Castle Lite or glass of red wine yet.

I've been wondering about this - I also have problems with cramp now that I didn't have before (also strike when stretching in bed, when you're enjoying still being half asleep :/ ), and it does make me wonder:

why would any diet that we're adapted for, require us to take supplements for our bodies to function properly?

Seems a bit odd. Has someone looked into the Mg thing in depth? Any thoughts?

I've been wondering about this - I also have problems with cramp now that I didn't have before (also strike when stretching in bed, when you're enjoying still being half asleep :/ ), and it does make me wonder:

why would any diet that we're adapted for, require us to take supplements for our bodies to function properly?

Seems a bit odd. Has someone looked into the Mg thing in depth? Any thoughts?

I'm assuming it is because we probably had more offal / blood in our diets in earlier times.

But salt has always been in demand, both in human and animal terms - the huge salt trade in medieval times / game walk for miles to get to salt licks - so maybe it is one of those quirks of evolution.

Edited by davetapson

Had the same happen to me a month ago just as I woke up. Blinding pain...Hurt like f@#!.

Find stairs or a curb and stretch it out over the next few days. Pretty much instant relief.

edit: Was a first-time for me. Also hadn't done any exercise that week. Drove down to Durban from Jhb 32 hours before it happened. First night in Durban: No cramps. Seconds night woke up with the cramp. Next morning in Jhb was fine.

Thinking it was dehydration.

Posted previously, not sure if it survived the crash - From Joe Friel & Loren Cordain

post-32242-0-98628400-1371130368_thumb.png

Ok, so howz me? I cooked our pork chops so perfectly last night its quite ridiculous. As a result I ate all the fat I could find and now I still feel sick... :cursing: good - I deserve to feel sick.

But alongwith that is this RIDICULOUS guilt feeling... my advice to someone would be just pick up the pieces and carry on today - should I eat zippo's (but I want my creamed coffee :mellow: )

Ok, so howz me? I cooked our pork chops so perfectly last night its quite ridiculous. As a result I ate all the fat I could find and now I still feel sick... :cursing: good - I deserve to feel sick.

But alongwith that is this RIDICULOUS guilt feeling... my advice to someone would be just pick up the pieces and carry on today - should I eat zippo's (but I want my creamed coffee :mellow: )

Whats the problem?

Dont judge me - I'm feeling sorry for myself and want someone to tell me that its ok and I'm actually perfect and I shouldn't worry :unsure:

Whats the problem?

Dont judge me - I'm feeling sorry for myself and want someone to tell me that its ok and I'm actually perfect and I shouldn't worry :unsure:

Are you feeling bad about eating saturated fat, is that it?