PPC Kremetart one day stage Race 8th June (MTB 9th June)

The Guy in Pink

Tough day yesterday but really enjoyed it!

Stage 1 - climbing from the start hurt the legs but the descent was sweet.

Stage 2 - wind wind wind & passengers which we eventually got rid of.

Stage 3 - fast & furious. Had to stop due to cramp. Didn't lose too much time but lost the bunch.

Stage 4 - limped home, tough climb to finish.

Good seeing you 'os & wishing everyone a safe journey home.

PS: Suggestion - burger for lunch was great idea but serving it cold is not great.

The burger was terrible! Last years pasta was much better.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool time away as expected - saw the usual suspects, & met a couple of new folk. Slowpoke in a cow suit - eish it got hot for that from the start. By lunchtime I found the heat was getting to be a problem.

Got in under 6hrs, which was ok but the results aren't up - they had everyone at around 9.5hrs this morning, looked like they hadn't split up the stages.

I noticed that it was self-service in the chutes this year, and that seemed to work itself out. Agricultural goodie bags still featured.

Most notable was the guy on Stage 1 in too small tights - that was an awful lot of flesh and cleavage to put on show anywhere, anytime. Just seemed wherever I moved in the bunch I ended up behind it.

Gotta love them tunnels!!!!!!! what an awesome ride...totally loved it! - be back for next year - drinks @ the grasdak!

Cool time away as expected - saw the usual suspects, & met a couple of new folk. Slowpoke in a cow suit - eish it got hot for that from the start. By lunchtime I found the heat was getting to be a problem.

Got in under 6hrs, which was ok but the results aren't up - they had everyone at around 9.5hrs this morning, looked like they hadn't split up the stages.

I noticed that it was self-service in the chutes this year, and that seemed to work itself out. Agricultural goodie bags still featured.

Most notable was the guy on Stage 1 in too small tights - that was an awful lot of flesh and cleavage to put on show anywhere, anytime. Just seemed wherever I moved in the bunch I ended up behind it.

That "view" passed my friend and I on either stage 1 or 2 (can't recall exactly where) and it was so nauseating we slowed down beyond our already-crawl speed in order to let it get farrrrrrrr away from us.

My time is likely to be so slow that it should be fairly easy to beat it next year ;-)

Very good race, thoroughly enjoyed it.

I must add though I've never worked so hard on the front before, partly due to the wind and partly due to the fact that there were so few riders willing to help out. Some guys literally braked when they reached the front of a pack rather than doing 20 seconds of work/wind battle. Ahh well, wheel suckers :P

Very good race, thoroughly enjoyed it.

I must add though I've never worked so hard on the front before, partly due to the wind and partly due to the fact that there were so few riders willing to help out. Some guys literally braked when they reached the front of a pack rather than doing 20 seconds of work/wind battle. Ahh well, wheel suckers :P

Loads of wheel suckers on stage 2. On stage 3 we had another problem - guys would do take their turn but then sit on the front for too long and then not drop back fearing they would be dropped. Was interesting.

Best part of the race for me was after the steep descent on stage 1 working with 5 other guys at 50kmh.

Awesome race as always! Fun, sun, cycling.

Organisation was top notch.

Well done to all that finished. It was a long warm day out on the bike.

Finished! That is about that!

Stage 2 broke me in half, cramped, had to stop, was dropped by bunch after bunch, went from racing mode to survival mode. Almost fell asleep after stage 2, almost passed out after stage 3 and was bloody happy after the finish!

In hind site it was a good race. Can put a tick next to it on my races to do list!

Awesome race as always! Fun, sun, cycling.

Organisation was top notch.

Well done to all that finished. It was a long warm day out on the bike.

Great ride Spinnekop & well done :thumbup:

Pitty I missed it thies year :(

Dan was dit nie 'n "regte" Kremetart nie....... Spidy was darm daar.

Loads of wheel suckers on stage 2. On stage 3 we had another problem - guys would do take their turn but then sit on the front for too long and then not drop back fearing they would be dropped. Was interesting.

Best part of the race for me was after the steep descent on stage 1 working with 5 other guys at 50kmh.

On stage 2 I could simply not hook back on after a pull at the front. I was totally poked riding into that wind.

On stage 3 I did my part to keep the pace lively up that first hill, but the heat, gradient... ok my unfitness :( caught up with me and I dropped off. Hook up with another group, but that only a short while :(

Had a good stage 1 . Two Northcliff guys pulled us for the last 15 or so kms ,nice finish .

Stage 2 VC group I Took a dive about 2kms from the start , lost all the groups. Battled alone and in small groups against that wind. Worked with a guy from Edenvale. Warren ? Thanks.

Midway through stage three there was a crash at the front of our group . We were about 15 or so.Two guys in front touched ,both fell and slid clean off the road. It looked pretty serious. Happened at over 40 km /hr

I really hope they're all right.

Very nice race. God willing ,back for no 5 next year.

Edit: Isn't Johnny Koen the best announcer in the world?

At the start of stage 3 ." She's a bit late. Please let the lady through. They went that way my dear."

Edited by Blokman

If anyone knows whom the bike marshalls were offering support on Stage 3 please let me know need to pay for a tyre would really appreciate it :)