Easton wheels

JCA12

I have ridden 2 sets of eastons, currently riding ea90. On both sets, 26000km - used 2 sets of rear bearings and 4 spokes. I highly recommend eastons.

Anecdotal evidence seldom probes anything. We listed the reasons Eastons are inferior wheels to others and that remains. Four spokes over that distance is dismal. Wheels can be built to have spoke life way beyond the life of the hubs and rims.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wayne. You are completely wrong. We at CWC is also the agents for Tacx and we get our Tacx directly from Tacx in The Netherlands.

Wayne. You are completely wrong. We at CWC is also the agents for Tacx and we get our Tacx directly from Tacx in The Netherlands.

But there is no mention of you on the tacx website?

Whereas there are other RSA companies that are?

Anecdotal evidence seldom probes anything. We listed the reasons Eastons are inferior wheels to others and that remains. Four spokes over that distance is dismal. Wheels can be built to have spoke life way beyond the life of the hubs and rims.

I must agree. Easton wheels are not good. Had a friend whose spokes kept on snapping and the wheel was brand new. Not a very good wheel if that happens.

Ek het n paar fietswinkels gebel en raad gevra oor die Easton EA 90 xc.Volgens hulle het Easton nou n special op hulle wiele.Die enigste probleem met die wiele is blykbaar die speke,wat probleme gee.

Ja. Want daar is nie genoeg speke nie.

Now honestly Chris, with all due respect, how would you know whether you're a recognised agent, or not? Did you ask Wayne, before assuming the you are?

A rookie mistake.....

Then back to the wheels in question, I'm all for Easton and both my road bikes are shod woth them. Have yet to break a spoke or having bearing issues, though I do know of a guys who has. Then I know others, who like me, swear by them.

Now back to Chris........

Be very wary of the EA90 wheels! I have a set and had to replace two sets of bearings and eventualy both hubs had to be replaced. The rear hub is not sealed as Johan said and when the dirt got in there, it made a moer of a noise. The front hub failed totally after the bearing apparently seized :eek: ! So far I haven't lost any spokes...

Make no mistake, the wheels are light and very, very fast, but I had to wait more than a month for the agents to make up their minds if they were going to replace under warranty or repair. They wanted me to pay!

Now honestly Chris, with all due respect, how would you know whether you're a recognised agent, or not? Did you ask Wayne, before assuming the you are?

A rookie mistake.....

its interesting that tacx show no record of them being agents. The agents have confirmed cwc are grey importing. Cwc staff admit on the phone that I cannot have a tacx trainer repaired anywhere else but at cwc.

And your only contribution is rife with sarcasm.

Not cool.

Antoo, If CWC doesn't do grey imports, why do they have a big disclaimer on there site?

But in another thread (before the crash) They confirmed in writing that they do not do grey imports?

All I am saying, is don't lie...if its a grey import, say so. Let the customer choose where they want to spend their money.

post-18409-0-29530700-1369498560_thumb.jpg

I bought a bike that was speced with Easton EA70 26" wheels.I broke 3 drive side spokes after 3 weeks and the wheel was rebuilt in a week.2 weeks later 2 spokes on the front went and the wheel was rebuilt in 5 days.Been riding them on my hardtail now and no problems.

Riding EA90's on my 29'er. I am currently 93kg, have broken a ton of stuff over the years, but never any of my Easton stuff. Things like the EC90 SL fork I had for about four years - lightest fork available - took an absolute hammering, tons of mileage and no hint of failure whatsoever. The EA90 XC wheels are quite new though, lets see how they go, but I'm feeling optimistic.

Edited by Lucky Luke.

A real pity what CWC said on this thread. Makes me never want to support them.

Arrogance does not attract customers.

But I will soon forget this and will probably buy from CWC again.

Edited by Let's Ride