Adverse analytical finding in recent mountain bike stage race

Tumbleweed

WHOOOP THERE IT IS. How do you know if someone finished a epic...? They tell u

Bwhaaa

Thats so stale, Fabes started the **** now the tjoms rush to his defence.

Fabes comment "Some okes need to get their heads out of their arses" is now becoming relevant.

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fabes comment "Some okes need to get their heads out of their arses" is now becoming relevant.

Didn't take you long to play the victim card today did it

Easy there SWISS I can't stand the clown

If you want to get into a dick measuring contest I can tell what my claim to fame is?

All i'm really interested in was to know where you stood on this argument based on your comment "Some okes need to get their heads out of their arses"

But typicaly you've turned this into a dick measuring contest again, well done.

All i'm really interested in was to know where you stood on this argument based on your comment "Some okes need to get their heads out of their arses"

Show him your shoes

if you read my second post on page 18/19/20 not sure which one you will see my stance on this

You started the dick swaying stuff with your " how many epics have you finished" comment

Have a good weekend victim

Once again big bulging muscles built up in the gym are of very little use out on the trail.

Sure it great to have good core strength and it'll help with some explosive power but they don't help with anything over 90sec.

And don't really know how being able to bench press 120 kg over 80kg is gonna help with anything other than getting up off the floor after a fall.

I agree that upper body muscle size has an adverse effect on cycling. Don't fool yourself though, roids will make a big guy climb a hill that will leave lightweights in the dust. It is banned for a reason.

Look, I don't want to jump into this argument because I can't really care less. I don't care if you support Barry or not. I am sure the guy is a good guy accept for the whole doping thing. Barry, if your story is true, then I feel sorry for you because there was no intent from your side. However it does seem like you used roids for 3Towers so this whole argument is Mute. You did however own my respect for not getting your B sample tested and denying the results like some of the pros...

The fact of the matter is just, roids are banned for a reason, don't think for one moment there are no benefits to be gained from using it. And yes, doping is wrong in sport, it does not matter where you place... I wish the benefit could have been given to people than unknowingly have banned stuff in their systems (like some flue meds etc.) But unfortunately this can't be done because some of the b@stards among us will use this excuse to dope...

Show him your shoes

My size US 12.25's or the 12.5's, hell i used to have a pair of EU 47's they were just a bit to big

Ok jokes aside, back to the topic no more hijacks

And Fabes i think your epic comment was posted before mine so :P

I'm not gonna demonise MTBaaisiklist for his error or, if at all, intended gain with druggz.

It is up to his conscience as to what really happened.

His scenario will hopefully deter others, whether at the front edge or back of the bunch.

Ok so if I am feeling a little bloated and took a diuretic a few days before the Epic started and got tested as a back marker they would have been thinking that I used it as a marking agent and would have DQ'd me?

Probably.... and probably unfairly but the problem is where do you draw the line and how do they decide who is bullshitting and who isn't?

Maybe there should be different rules for "us funrider" types, but then what about the health concerns related to some of the products?

Probably.... and probably unfairly but the problem is where do you draw the line and how do they decide who is bullshitting and who isn't?

Maybe there should be different rules for "us funrider" types, but then what about the health concerns related to some of the products?

A little more clarity on this from the UCI / organizers would be nice. The race office can expect a lot of phone calls from over cautious riders worried about what exactly is in their anti biotics a month before the event.

A little more clarity on this from the UCI / organizers would be nice. The race office can expect a lot of phone calls from over cautious riders worried about what exactly is in their anti biotics a month before the event.

Yeah thats a valid point about the calls and i'm not sure most race offices or CSA are going to be able to handle a flood of calls if it happens.

Something to remember specific to this topic and fun riders, the epic is a pro level race which allows funriders to take part, so the full anti doping rules should apply.

Same with other races which have UCI status, but for a mtb event in "putsonderwater" which has no uci status maybe there could be another policy for funriders then.

But maybe thats making an already complicated problem more complicated

As in most sports there are always some fuds who seem to gain a lot of pleasure being the ones in control. There is no respect or recognition for the backmarkers and weekend warriors who ride for the shear pleasure any more. Take, for instance how the backmarkers support teams are treated at the Epic. Stuffed onto camping areas without any decent facilities. There are many other examples and perhaps the days of organising social events without the UCI and CSA need to come back. Let the top licensed riders continue with their sponsored ways but the fortune spent by the lesser 90% of riders could be far better utilised for the riders themselves.