Adverse analytical finding in recent mountain bike stage race

Tumbleweed

As in most sports there are always some fuds who seem to gain a lot of pleasure being the ones in control. There is no respect or recognition for the backmarkers and weekend warriors who ride for the shear pleasure any more. Take, for instance how the backmarkers support teams are treated at the Epic. Stuffed onto camping areas without any decent facilities. There are many other examples and perhaps the days of organising social events without the UCI and CSA need to come back. Let the top licensed riders continue with their sponsored ways but the fortune spent by the lesser 90% of riders could be far better utilised for the riders themselves.

Tend to agree.

I still ask myself, why, why, why ,why test a back rider that finishes a stage an hour prior to the days' cutt-off......WHAT IS THERE TO GAIN FOR ANYONE??? What a waste of money and time....it's just plain stupidity...focus on elite licensed riders...

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this still going.

Come on okes, biceps went out of fashion in the late 80's.

These are the days of our doping lives

Heehee

I think testing is also done, for the safety of the individuals.

Steroids can kill you. Just look at Pantani.

Um didn't he die from a cocaine overdose?

Steroids never killed Pantani. Paranoia and white powder did....

ja, depression and too much devil's dandruff. If you want an example of how roids can put you in the ground look no further than the NFL's Lyle Alzado - vrek from a brain tumour in '92

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lyle_Alzado#Steroid_use_and_death

I was thinking the other look at Arnold/Sylvester the both old now Sylvester looks better than arni, I remember reading one of his quotes when he said" ah please we survive on a truck load of roids" THEY STILL GOING MAYBE NOT LOOKING THAT GREAT, but they a strong advertisement for ROIDS doesn't kill

Not condoning doping in any form, but I wonder about the "randomness" of this test.

UCI or CSA does the testing and they need a few positive results. So they pick out a guy who in a bodybuilder's sense looks the part. Jackpot. You've got your result without making any waves upfront.

Could they show a list with all the other "random" names or numbers? And how are they selected? If a certain name comes up, could an official behind a closed tent flap say:"Oopsie ,not that one!"

There should be two lists. One for riders who have come onto the doping radar for whatever reason. And another completely random list ,drawn by a member of the public in front of cameras.( A higher proportion of numbers in here from the top riders maybe.)

This would eliminate the perception that certain riders don't get tested because of celebrity status , or that they are too valuable to be positive.

I was thinking the other look at Arnold/Sylvester the both old now Sylvester looks better than arni, I remember reading one of his quotes when he said" ah please we survive on a truck load of roids" THEY STILL GOING MAYBE NOT LOOKING THAT GREAT, but they a strong advertisement for ROIDS doesn't kill

No 'roids here, just 1000,000 foetuses worth of growth hormone coursing through his 70-year-old face - sis man!

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2007/03/13/stallone192.jpg

Edited by Lucky Luke.

No 'roids here, just 1000,000 foetuses worth of growth hormone coursing through his 70-year-old face - sis man!

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2007/03/13/stallone192.jpg

:thumbdown:

Tend to agree.

I still ask myself, why, why, why ,why test a back rider that finishes a stage an hour prior to the days' cutt-off......WHAT IS THERE TO GAIN FOR ANYONE??? What a waste of money and time....it's just plain stupidity...focus on elite licensed riders...

Just as a matter of interest, would you feel the same way if a back marker takes a short cut?

You can find unflateering pics of anyone ... show me a pic of say Bruce Fordyce .. also looks years older than he actually is. Free radials, exposure to sun ect also make 'athletes' appear older than they actually are.