[Event] Sabie Experience

simhen

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im Seriuuuus!

I would have told them this isnt Wooilies, we're not closing... this is a race that Ive already paid for.

I think you okes got robbed of a day.

I agree but I understand that the organisers tried everything. The letter they showed us from sascoc was clear - cancel. End of story.

I agree but I understand that the organisers tried everything. The letter they showed us from sascoc was clear - cancel. End of story.

I am with JCZA on this one, maybe give us a bit of discount for next year's entry? I agree that it wasn't the organizers decision but for us to loose a 60km stage is not fair.

I am with JCZA on this one, maybe give us a bit of discount for next year's entry? I agree that it wasn't the organizers decision but for us to loose a 60km stage is not fair.

Absolutely!

Essentially they force their political ways on people.

If riders wanted to shed a tear in front of the TV or whatever else blows their hair back, give them the option to do so... dont stuff it up for everyone else who would rather ride than watch a funeral.

They should offer a refund to you guys or the guys that entered the event, its fair.

Personally, I do not have an issue with the cancelled stage. This could have happened due to extreme weather conditions and we would have accepted it without expecting a refund. As for the ruling from Cycling SA as per Sascoc's directive I think I would have done the same as this was no ordinary funeral and the emotions were running high. The last thing our sport needs is to be seen as disrespectful towards a South African icon it would take us years to repair that damage.

However, it would appear that the Leewenboschfontein event did hold their Sunday stage now that I take issue with, considering that the Cycling SA directive was absolute there was no wriggle room. What's good for the goose....

i had a bad fall on the dirt road about 1km from the end

This sort of thing is starting to become quite regular. :whistling:

This sort of thing is starting to become quite regular. :whistling:

Mike was not alone in taking a lie down on this section, yours truly had two within 50m of each other. It was like an ice rink for about 1km.

would have done the same as this was no ordinary funeral and the emotions were running high. The last thing our sport needs is to be seen as disrespectful towards a South African icon it would take us years to repair that damage.

However, it would appear that the Leewenboschfontein event did hold their Sunday stage now that I take issue with, considering that the Cycling SA directive was absolute there was no wriggle room. What's good for the goose....

No disrespect at all that I can see, not everyone feels the same about... Im glad they had their stage still :thumbup:

Give the riders the choice but dont force your ways on them if they've already paid in FULL for the event.

If people want to mourne, let them do so but dont force it on everyone.

Im glad I didnt do it because I would have had some choice words for the organisers and CSA

The guy I took a ride with down the mountain yesterday reckoned that they (the organizers) will pass on any and all claims straight to CSA, who will pass it straight up to SACOC. What happens from there will have to be seen. Submit claims if you want, I was very very pissed with the cancellation (even though I would not have been able to ride due to being sick)

On my way up on Saturday, Sandy from the race office phoned me to tell me about the cancellation of Sunday's Valencia race and offered me my money back, which I accepted.

I think because of Sunday's cancellation, they allowed us to swop over to the main race yesterday instead of riding the planned race.

Essentially they force their political ways on people.

If riders wanted to shed a tear in front of the TV or whatever else blows their hair back, give them the option to do so... dont stuff it up for everyone else who would rather ride than watch a funeral.

They should offer a refund to you guys or the guys that entered the event, its fair.

Here's another peanut gallery response.

Although you might not have empathy or respect for Mandela or his iconic status, this was a big thing, worldwide. Its never going to happen again here, look at all the world leaders that flew out here on moments notice, look at the grief shown by most South Africans, its not an unfair thing to ask that formal sporting and other events got cancelled.

Although you might not have empathy or respect for Mandela or his iconic status, this was a big thing, worldwide. Its never going to happen again here, look at all the world leaders that flew out here on moments notice, look at the grief shown by most South Africans, its not an unfair thing to ask that formal sporting and other events got cancelled.

Not so sure i fully agree with you. Two wedding vehicle processions that i passed, what options did they have.

Its a tough question though. As has been shown on TV channels from his boxing days to the Rugby WC event, he loved his sport. If I am respectful and show reverence and humility during and before, i would like to feel that i can celebrate a life by doing what i love.

its not an unfair thing to ask that formal sporting and other events got cancelled.

listen peanut, If its professional, then I can agree.

If I paid to do the event out of my own money, I would want my money back, end of story.

Dont make Mandelas death a cost burden and inconvenience on anyone just because you feel its ok or "the right thing to do", a choice should be given to the participants.

That is my point.

I hope those affected people get their money back.

I HAVE TO AGREE other than a act of god, if they cancell refunds in order,,just a point to consider the partner that i do sani 2c every year, in MAY we pay for our B&B and get everything organized, here is where it gets tricky now,HE STAYS IN NEW ZEALAND,,,,, so its flights,accommodation, local flights, now CSA decides no cycling on that day(yes it was important) but there are serious costs involved for some people doing these races not just entry fees,

and i feel the event is cancelled in any form, there must be compensation

I don't think refunding was a option, simply because it was too late. Organisers had already incurred the expense. The organisers were still confident on Thursday that race would go ahead after consultation with Cycling SA.

I can't understand why riders could not decide for themselves.

A public holiday on the day of the memorial service would have sorted this out.