Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought I'd post my Trance with a couple of changes to it:

Fox Talas 140

KS dropper post

C6 chain guide (2x)

Maxxis Highroller/ Minion tires

Truvativ Holzfeller stem

we could easily take each other's bike by mistake ;)

:blink:

I know I havent been on the Spruit (incl Delta) for A LONG while.....like since 9th May somewhere....did you guys work on the trails again to make it more technical so it can claim the status of an "Enduro trail"?? Or is it still only that one switchback which is at a decline?

You should see the enduro trail I did last week! Man we should get something like that up here! :drool:

No more work has been done. Our club and Amarider are still busy chatting to Parks about what can and can't be done - not only in Delta but the whole Spruit. I think some more build days will be called soon.

No more work has been done. Our club and Amarider are still busy chatting to Parks about what can and can't be done - not only in Delta but the whole Spruit. I think some more build days will be called soon.

What is the name of your club?

hahaha! that question made me think of this...

...not that the Swampdogs are woman haters :lol:

Male dogs love sniffing bitches..

Edited by Thug

New bike is in Giant Reign 1 - this pic after 3.5 rides and before I trashed the rear tyre - Nobby Nics are not AM worthy tyres - grip yes, strength no. Have a brand new Purgatory to put on the back. Only mod from stock is the shorter 50 mm Giant AM stem.

Overall very impressed with the bike but still getting to know it. Frame is a work of art and the Maestro suspension rides brilliantly, especially uphill. Have found it a tad harsher than I had imagined on the downs even in descend mode and the BB is lower than I'm used to - which is good in corners but not so good when climbing rocky s/track...TALAS is usefull - makes climbing jeep track a pleasure but the CTD fork does seem to require extra air to keep it firm enough under braking and on steep stuff. May try some oil in the airchamber to make the spring more progressive.

The Reign comes with 730 mm bars which correct previous complaints re bar width. Latest SLX brakes and 2 x10 are brilliant.

Overall - an amazing do it all bike.

post-14003-0-81591500-1371553519_thumb.jpg

Do you have the Overdrive 2 headset? 1 1/4 diameter at the top?

If so, where do you get the stem?

Do you have the Overdrive 2 headset? 1 1/4 diameter at the top?

If so, where do you get the stem?

I could be wrong buyt overdrive is just another name for tapered. 1.5 bottom and 11/8th at the top.

The stem should be unaffected by the headtube.

Came across this on Dirtopia FB page now...

Not you perhaps Headshot?

post-26080-0-52237100-1371556388_thumb.jpg

Edited by heed0

Came across this on Dirtopia FB page now...

Not you perhaps Headshot?

Looks like a guy I met in Tokai.. I am bad with names but friend of hub member Droo.. He is fast and fearless but incredibly gullible. Good for a few laughs! :w00t:

I could be wrong buyt overdrive is just another name for tapered. 1.5 bottom and 11/8th at the top.

The stem should be unaffected by the headtube.

Nope, overdrive 2 is an annoying new "standard". 1 1/4 top.

Odd, I thought it was introduced in 2012, I had a replacement 2012 frame and the 1 1/8 was a straight drop in.. unless I was sold a 1 1/4 and told otherwise??!!