Your Enduro ride

RockCoach

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Master NFNF, is this ok?

1377058_10151669202470658_580812639_n.jpg

Nevermind the hoses long or short... different strokes for different folks.

What hoses are those?

I wanted to fit colour hoses on my slx, but couldn't find 'nice' colours

Nevermind the hoses long or short... different strokes for different folks.

What hoses are those?

I wanted to fit colour hoses on my slx, but couldn't find 'nice' colours

That's a Goodridge conversion. Higher volume (more fluid) and less flex under pressure. There fore more power and less fade.

...but they look cool too!

That's a Goodridge conversion. Higher volume (more fluid) and less flex under pressure. There fore more power and less fade.

...but they look cool too!

Where can i get those goodridge hoses?

I'm not the smoothest rider, I am aware of that BUT the wrong stroke length effectively means that the suspension doesn't work. And that doesn't inspire confidence when you are a noob trying to become smoother.

OK, last night I did a few checks on my bike before Attakwas. I deflated the shock completely, and with the shock compressed completely, there was a 3mm gap between the FD cable guide and the tyre tread. This was with a WTB Bronson 26x2.3 tyre and a 23mm rim with 21mm inner width. The tyre is about 70% worn down though, and a new one will definitely touch the cable guide (they have huge knobs).

But I also fitted a new rear tyre, a Maxxis Ardent 26x2.25 and with the shock completely compressed there is a nice 4mm gap between the guide and the tyre tread. With a wider rim such as a ZTR flow or WTB i23, the gap will be even bigger because the wider rim will pull the tyre flatter, thereby reducing the overall diameter a fraction. So rim and tyre width can solve the problem to a certain extent, not ideal, but a nice work-around solution.

Bottom line, the stroke length is incorrect and ideally a shock with 50mm stroke length should be fitted.

Regarding the DHX shock, I believe those were designed to give a very linear feel, while the Monarch is more progressive which might also make a difference in our perceptions of the bike.

CRC

Cool thx.

Checked a few months ago & they didn't have stock.

How would I go about crimping the correct fittings for my brakes?

Any special tools needed?

OK, last night I did a few checks on my bike before Attakwas. I deflated the shock completely, and with the shock compressed completely, there was a 3mm gap between the FD cable guide and the tyre tread. This was with a WTB Bronson 26x2.3 tyre and a 23mm rim with 21mm inner width. The tyre is about 70% worn down though, and a new one will definitely touch the cable guide (they have huge knobs).

But I also fitted a new rear tyre, a Maxxis Ardent 26x2.25 and with the shock completely compressed there is a nice 4mm gap between the guide and the tyre tread. With a wider rim such as a ZTR flow or WTB i23, the gap will be even bigger because the wider rim will pull the tyre flatter, thereby reducing the overall diameter a fraction. So rim and tyre width can solve the problem to a certain extent, not ideal, but a nice work-around solution.

Bottom line, the stroke length is incorrect and ideally a shock with 50mm stroke length should be fitted.

Regarding the DHX shock, I believe those were designed to give a very linear feel, while the Monarch is more progressive which might also make a difference in our perceptions of the bike.

Sidewinder has wide Subrosa rims and WTB Wolverine which is less volume than a Bronson.

Sidewinder has wide Subrosa rims and WTB Wolverine which is less volume than a Bronson.

Dude, those Wolverine 2.2's are FAT. They're the same or bigger than a 2.3 Weirwolf and 2.5 Minion. Smaller knobs, of course, but just as big.

Dude, those Wolverine 2.2's are FAT. They're the same or bigger than a 2.3 Weirwolf and 2.5 Minion. Smaller knobs, of course, but just as big.

They are quite fat. I know... but smaller than a Bronson. I have just switched from a Bronson to Wolverine at the rear. On a few occasions I have missed the extra volume of the Bronsons.

They are quite fat. I know... but smaller than a Bronson. I have just switched from a Bronson to Wolverine at the rear. On a few occasions I have missed the extra volume of the Bronsons.

Just get a choob job!

Archived