Your Enduro ride

RockCoach

Not bad, what would the Sworks have over the standard Spez Enduro frame?

Snazziness.

Lol.

Tbh I dunno. Maybe the s works was the carbon version and all others were alu

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They still have an ali version advertised at 9.5k. The Sworks were priced at 12.5k but I got a bit of a discount on that.

This is quite a big bike ie a bit of a mini dh bike and the ali version is a lot heavier. The Sworks carbon front makes it much lighter.

I bought this frame because of the  XL size ( I am 1.88m) and that it fitted all my components incl 26 " wheels.

I have had a first ride and the fit for me is light years ahead of my much shorter Reign (2013) size L.

This thing just feels right.

Saw the guy has more of them in the classifieds, good price for what must be a sick frame to ride.

They still have an ali version advertised at 9.5k. The Sworks were priced at 12.5k but I got a bit of a discount on that.

This is quite a big bike ie a bit of a mini dh bike and the ali version is a lot heavier. The Sworks carbon front makes it much lighter.

I bought this frame because of the  XL size ( I am 1.88m) and that it fitted all my components incl 26 " wheels.

I have had a first ride and the fit for me is light years ahead of my much shorter Reign (2013) size L.

This thing just feels right.

they were all advertised for 12.5k, alu and cf frames, then they all went down to 9.5k for a while, this was just over a month ago i think, which is when i got mine (sworks).

its a nice bike, but i cant get the seat high enough...

anyone wanna swap my joplin 4 (mostly works) for their 400mm seatpost (30.8 i think)

they were all advertised for 12.5k, alu and cf frames, then they all went down to 9.5k for a while, this was just over a month ago i think, which is when i got mine (sworks).

its a nice bike, but i cant get the seat high enough...

anyone wanna swap my joplin 4 (mostly works) for their 400mm seatpost (30.8 i think)

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

You need a 150mm dropper, bro. I think the 150's are 435mm long... 

that comes later, ive got other, more important things to throw money at before then, so in the mean time I want a longer seatpost

Here's a quick one ride review of the Spaz XL

I wish I had been riding this bike and not the Reign for the last 2 years. That's just because it actually fits my 1.88 m body. I have never felt more comfy in descend mode ie standing up, seat dropped. The XL frame has made a massive difference. Standing up before I felt cramped and too far forward - it took effort just to be in the right position which is not good when you should be using your energy to go fast. The Spaz simply feels right. In fact although I am more centered on the bike, the front end grip is better too. I think this is because I was always hunting for the right position especially when I got tired on the old bike.

I took the bike on my usual rogue route and checked out the performance on the very same terrain I last rode the Reign on a few days before. Same everything bar the frame because all my Reign parts bolted straight on

Climbing -  as the reviews say, the suspension is very active and the pro pedal setting proved useful. The RP 23 impressed me with its low speed compression adjustment   it has 3 position over and above the pro pedal lever and the difference is readily apparent. Its even possible to adjust these while riding by reaching down to the shock. I deliberately stood and pedaled up a smooth and slightly slippery climb I usually have some tyre slippage on. Nothing like that with this frame - just good clean grip. I did notice an increase in the tendency of the front wheel to wander a bit on the climb and put it down to the 1 deg slacker head angle. That said it was surprisingly easy to keep the front end on the ground even on really steep climbs and with the fork in 160 mm mode.

On mild descents I noticed that the bike seems to accelerate more quickly despite the plush active suspension and it was easy to get up to speed and then cruise. Long climbs were not much faster I dont think but I felt way more comfy with the claimed 477mm reach (645mm TT)

On the rowdier descents the bikes long wheel base and reach made me feel far more in the bike than on top of it as I had felt before. Corner speeds felt higher and I just felt far more secure with grip for ages. A particular fast off camber bend going into some ruts and roots felt far less sketchy and I could carry more speed more easily. 

The rear suspension is almost invisible  - in fact its almost too good and I hardly noticed bumps off all sizes especially with the pro-pedal off. Rear tyre grip felt superb though and i quickly got used to the DH bike feel of the back end. If anything its more plush than my Pike fork which may need a pressure reduction to compensate.

All in I could not be happier with my first foray into carbon and a proper frame for my height. Some bar and stem tweaking will probably ensue but at the moment it feels like its race ready.

Life's definitely too short to ride the wrong bike... 

• 3 weeks later...

Brining a little bit of Andorra back with me  :devil:

http://www.commencal-store.co.uk/Files/98790/Img/04/15CMETAAMYE_2000.jpg

Brining a little bit of Andorra back with me  :devil:

Saw a few of these in Morzine and it really made me sad I didn't get mine  :thumbdown:

Saw a few of these in Morzine and it really made me sad I didn't get mine  :thumbdown:

Ja, but I'm travelling to Andorra to collect mine, so no local let down possible (I hope).

Was keen on the anodized black frame but they wanted an extra R5k on the frame for that option  :eek:

Ja, but I'm travelling to Andorra to collect mine, so no local let down possible (I hope).

Was keen on the anodized black frame but they wanted an extra R5k on the frame for that option  :eek:

Me too! The anodised black would look crazy!

post-31228-0-18843100-1438697183_thumb.jpg

Brining a little bit of Andorra back with me :devil:

Protect the non-drive side chainstay, lots of reviewers had shoe rub issues because of the inboard brake mounting.

Love that frame, but red and black for me please.

Wish they did a 29er version though.

Archived