Your Enduro ride

Robodog

Hi everyone, newbie here.

Here's my fleet, 

2016 Merida One-Twenty XT Edition, I know, more trail than enduro, but this bike often surprises me.

Stock except for XTR M9020 brakes, Renthal bar & stem, 34t elliptical chain ring and 11~46 Sunrace cassette, KS Lev dropper.

attachicon.gifIMAG2632 - Copy.jpg

2016 Giant Reign Advanced 0. Completely stock except for Ergon grips and some frame guards. I bring this bike out on special occasions only due to the cost.

2016 Taokas Lycaon. I built this bike from the frame up and it's a beast. My go to bike at the moment, due to the WT tires it's a slug uphill, but has enough gear to grind it out with massive traction.

Di2 M8050 // 170mm RS Lyric // Ibis 742 carbon rims 35mm internal width // Magura Trail Carbon brakes // Renthal Fatbar Carbon and Renthal stem // 30t Fifty-Fifty NW chainring // 11~46 Sunrace cassete // Fox Transfer

attachicon.gifIMAG4253 - Copy.jpg

Cheers!

J.J.

That is one hell of a fleet! 

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Spitfire!!!!!!

Honestly it's the best mid travel bike I've ridden. It's nippy, encourages stupidity and is very confidence inspiring.

And yeah, the older giants had very short reach measurements. My large reign x had less reach than a small current gen reign.

2nd would be the lapierre.

The stumpy and Enduro I wouldn't consider purely due to them being sixers, and the new tech in tires and wheels and forks caters solely towards 659 & 9er.

Spitty is also your size.

I'm with Myles for the Spitty, right size and the bike is awesome.

If it's so good why do you keep leaving it places?? ;)

she scares me when I ride her, so have to take a break and let both her and I cool down a little before riding again.

• 1 month later...

Just putting it out there...

What Large frames are out there? I have a medium Trance and could do with a Large.

Best situation is if someone has a Large but needs a medium, but seeing what the options are.

What Large frames are out there? I have a medium Trance and could do with a Large.

Best situation is if someone has a Large but needs a medium, but seeing what the options are.

There's a large Banshee Spitfire being sold by Mathieu Schneuwly for I think 15k... 

how tall are you? I have a medium reign. It's too much bike for what I want. Mehbe some swapsy?

how tall are you? I have a medium reign. It's too much bike for what I want. Mehbe some swapsy?

I'm 1.83m, and have a Medium Trance at the moment. How much different is the sizing between the Trance and the Reign?

I'm 1.83m, and have a Medium Trance at the moment. How much different is the sizing between the Trance and the Reign?

oooooooooooo, this could be a fun swap given that the Reign has more reach than the Trance

Medium reign has 444mm reach & 620mm ETT vs 425mm & 600mm on the medium Trance (2015) so 20mm longer, essentially. Also 65 deg HA vs 67. But then if you still have the Totem... Joh. 

EDIT: Was quoting 2017 trance geo initially. Updated to 2015 trance geo. 

Edited by Myles Mayhew

Built up the new 2018 Knolly Warden a few weeks back. I went with an XL instead of a Large that it replaced and the difference has been noticeable and worth going a size up. Feels even better being a tad more stretched out and centred on the bike, 150mm dropper is now slammed and perfect peddling reach.

No geo changes from the old, just new colour scheme and they're now clear coating the frames as previous fully raw models graphics were fading from sun exposure. Still the raw carbon under but the clear coat really makes it pop. Loving the stealth grey as the previous yellow dated quickly and super stoked with how it turned out!

post-43699-0-82874400-1510086974_thumb.jpg

post-43699-0-06389700-1510087001_thumb.jpg

post-43699-0-68056200-1510087056_thumb.jpg

Built up the new 2018 Knolly Warden a few weeks back. I went with an XL instead of a Large that it replaced and the difference has been noticeable and worth going a size up. Feels even better being a tad more stretched out and centred on the bike, 150mm dropper is now slammed and perfect peddling reach.

No geo changes from the old, just new colour scheme and they're now clear coating the frames as previous fully raw models graphics were fading from sun exposure. Still the raw carbon under but the clear coat really makes it pop. Loving the stealth grey as the previous yellow dated quickly and super stoked with how it turned out!

Huge amounts of jealousy right now. Very nice, congrats!

Please post a full build spec when you get a chance...