Your Enduro ride

Robodog

Figure its not real unless you post a pic

New bike ready for the Alps

2018 Trek Slash 9.8 (Only 2 in SA)

Upgraded pieces

Fork to Factory 36 from Performance

Hope Brakes (Tech3 E4) with Ice Tec 203 rotors

Maxxis 29r DH tyres (DHF 2.5 and DHR2 2.4)

ESI Grips

Bikeyoke Revive 185mm dropper (pic shows the Bontrager, but its off)

Rest of bike is pretty sweet, GX Eagle, Bontrager Line30 Wheels, Carbon 780mm bars, Has a fancy thrushaft, reaktiv rear shock which seems pretty smooth will see how it goes otherwise will upgrade to X2.

Wow. Just 4 tons of wow. 

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Figure its not real unless you post a pic

New bike ready for the Alps

2018 Trek Slash 9.8 (Only 2 in SA)

Upgraded pieces

Fork to Factory 36 from Performance

Hope Brakes (Tech3 E4) with Ice Tec 203 rotors

Maxxis 29r DH tyres (DHF 2.5 and DHR2 2.4)

ESI Grips

Bikeyoke Revive 185mm dropper (pic shows the Bontrager, but its off)

Rest of bike is pretty sweet, GX Eagle, Bontrager Line30 Wheels, Carbon 780mm bars, Has a fancy thrushaft, reaktiv rear shock which seems pretty smooth will see how it goes otherwise will upgrade to X2.

Nice! 

How tall are you and what is the frame size. Considering that you can get away with a 185mm dropper, perhaps you could've sized up? 

Nice! 

How tall are you and what is the frame size. Considering that you can get away with a 185mm dropper, perhaps you could've sized up? 

No sizing up, this is already the XL :blink:

I could actually just fit a 200mm dropper, but it doesn't have the clearance by about 2cm to route the internal cable past neatly inside.

• 4 weeks later...

Being somewhat cash strapped at present, my bike mods have been slow to materialize. While I love the new big hitting Enduro for many reasons, I have found the handle bar/seat height ratio all wrong for me. Its great on climbs but anywhere else I've found it a problem, especially descending steep sections of trail.

I will at some point buy some higher rise handlebars but after posting a query on the Hub, you guys said I could easily get a new air spring piston and increase the fork travel to 180mm. I did so and fitted it this weekend, an easy operation if you've ever taken a fork apart before. I took the thing for a test ride on Sunday. I as shuttled up to Silvermine so predominantly downhill but a few short sharp climbs.

All I can say is that 10mm can make a difference. I think the HTA has gone out to 64.5 degrees but you'd hardly notice the difference on the climbs. The big change has been the increased bar height which is remarkable considering its only 10mm. This bike should have come with the 180mm fork from the outset. Noticed it on the rougher rocky descents where I'd always felt my hands were a bit low. Climbing performance feels as before which makes me think the rear suspension more than the bar height affect climbing.

I'm still dealing with some chest pain form a cracked rib so haven't been able to really put it to the test yet...

post-14003-0-86165200-1532339014_thumb.jpg

Being somewhat cash strapped at present, my bike mods have been slow to materialize. While I love the new big hitting Enduro for many reasons, I have found the handle bar/seat height ratio all wrong for me. Its great on climbs but anywhere else I've found it a problem, especially descending steep sections of trail.

I will at some point buy some higher rise handlebars but after posting a query on the Hub, you guys said I could easily get a new air spring piston and increase the fork travel to 180mm. I did so and fitted it this weekend, an easy operation if you've ever taken a fork apart before. I took the thing for a test ride on Sunday. I as shuttled up to Silvermine so predominantly downhill but a few short sharp climbs.

All I can say is that 10mm can make a difference. I think the HTA has gone out to 64.5 degrees but you'd hardly notice the difference on the climbs. The big change has been the increased bar height which is remarkable considering its only 10mm. This bike should have come with the 180mm fork from the outset. Noticed it on the rougher rocky descents where I'd always felt my hands were a bit low. Climbing performance feels as before which makes me think the rear suspension more than the bar height affect climbing.

I'm still dealing with some chest pain form a cracked rib so haven't been able to really put it to the test yet...

That is essentially a DH bike you can pedal up the hill!

Nice!

That is essentially a DH bike you can pedal up the hill!

Nice!

Yep, and on a flattish ride like this I averaged 16.6km/h nogal! 

Have you klapped the Vink line stukkend yet?

dude that thing is HUUUUUUUGE. Ridden it yes. Klapped it no. The big boys are in town. Spotted Vergier and got a fanboy pic with Bruni now. He asked for tire compound advice from the Hub. And the Commencal, syndicate and Mondraker teams are all setting up in the town square. Edited by Duane_Bosch

dude that thing is HUUUUUUUGE. Ridden it yes. Klapped it no. The big boys are in town. Spotted Vergier and got a fanboy pic with Bruni now. He asked for tire compound advice from the Hub. And the Commencal, syndicate and Mondraker teams are all setting up in the town square.

Tell Bruni and co that Myles will be here shortly for a live feed tyre compound choice and bonus tread pattern selection session. 

Tell Bruni and co that Myles will be here shortly for a live feed tyre compound choice and bonus tread pattern selection session. 

We all know the advice given will be Magic Mary...

LOOOL. You guys. 

I'm actually interested in that tyre that Hill's running. The new Michelin. 

That, and the Hillbilly. And the Assguy. But for me, for now, Mary holds my heart. 

dude that thing is HUUUUUUUGE. Ridden it yes. Klapped it no. The big boys are in town. Spotted Vergier and got a fanboy pic with Bruni now. He asked for tire compound advice from the Hub. And the Commencal, syndicate and Mondraker teams are all setting up in the town square.

Oh, ja. French nationals this weekend. 

If you see her, ask Myriam to send noodz. I'll PM you my number. 

Hope they are running wide enough bars and short enough stems .... and they better be on coil sprung rigs :P

Oh, ja. French nationals this weekend. 

If you see her, ask Myriam to send noodz. I'll PM you my number.

saw Miriam, Thomas estaque, pierion, brendog, Ollie Wilkins. Loris Vergier asked me for a fanboy pic.