Your Enduro ride

Robodog

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK guys & gal(s). It's time for me to take a (deep) plunge into my pocket for some good wheels.

I was considering Hope Pro Evo II hubs with ZTR Flow EX rims, but read up & some guys say a mavic 721 rim would last longer.

I am about 93kg kitted up & will be doing light - medium trail. Drops 70cm -1m (for now)

Should I just get the Flows & ride em 'till they can't take anymore beating & then upgrade to Mavic or Sunringle Infernos?

Have a look at Spank and WTB too. International Trade are the agents. Also happens that they are the agents for Hope and Jay is an expert wheel builder...

Have a look at Spank and WTB too. International Trade are the agents. Also happens that they are the agents for Hope and Jay is an expert wheel builder...

Will have a chat with them to discuss prices.

Which WTB or Spank rims would you suggest?

Depends on wheel size. But your best bet is WTB i23 which I think they make in all 3 wheel sizes.

Don't bother phoning them this week as everyone is running around preparing fo the Cycle Expo.

Perhaps I missed it, but what size rim are you looking for?

I know International Trade do not bring in the WTB Frequency i23 rims in 26" as "there is no market" :cursing: I've only heard good things regarding these particular rims & would be my rim of choice if they were available.

Depends on wheel size. But your best bet is WTB i23 which I think they make in all 3 wheel sizes. Don't bother phoning them this week as everyone is running around preparing fo the Cycle Expo.
Perhaps I missed it, but what size rim are you looking for? I know International Trade do not bring in the WTB Frequency i23 rims in 26" as "there is no market" :cursing: I've only heard good things regarding these particular rims & would be my rim of choice if they were available.

Didn't mention wheel size-lol.

Looking for 26" that's why I opted for the importing route as there's loads of 26" stuff to choose from.

Would International Trade import a set of rims on request (with deposit)?

Perhaps I missed it, but what size rim are you looking for?

I know International Trade do not bring in the WTB Frequency i23 rims in 26" as "there is no market" :cursing: I've only heard good things regarding these particular rims & would be my rim of choice if they were available.

If wheelsize = 26" Go for Spank Spike 28's.

Didn't mention wheel size-lol.

Looking for 26" that's why I opted for the importing route as there's loads of 26" stuff to choose from.

Would International Trade import a set of rims on request (with deposit)?

No. Think minimum orders are in the hundreds... Chat to them about Spank Spike. Comes in a variety of bling colours. A few guys run them on the DH circuit as they are strong but light enough. I use them too.

WANT

http://brimages.bikeboardmedia.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Commencal-Meta-Hardtail-HT-AM-600x400.jpg

Long travel hardtails will always appeal to a certain crowd and after throwing your leg over one you’ll understand. The Commencal Meta HT touts 140mm of travel in the front and sports 650B wheels. The bike pictured has everything you need to get out there and retails for $2,699.

And she is done :clap: some old some new bits. Had my first ride on her yesterday.

Where'd you get the blue outers?