The 100th Edition Of The Tour de France: Chirps, Opinions, News, Updates.

'Dale

Pick the yellow and green jersey winners.  

305 members have voted

1. 1. Who will reign in Yellow?

• Froome Dawg (Sky)
    • Contador (Saxo Tinkoff)
    • A Schleck, Radioshack
    • Evans (BMC)
    • Uran (Sky)
    • Tejay (BMC)
    • Gesink (Blanco)
    • Hesjedal (Garmin Sharp
    • Valverde (Movistar)
    • J Rodriquez (Katusha)
    • Suprize package!
  2. 2. Who will reign in Green?

• Sagan (Cannondale Pro Cycling)
    • Cav' (Omega Pharma Quickstep)
    • Greipel (Lotto Bellisol)
    • Bouhanni (FDJ)
    • Goss (Orica-Greenedge)
    • Surprize package?

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great tour. Well done to Richie Froome hey Phil?

That is who one it though... or was it Chris Porte?

Sky

You cant really fault Sky, three stage wins, multiple podiums, and yellow jersey all the way to Paris. Losing Edvald was the only real dissapointment for them.

Movistar

Really hard to decide between 4 and 5 stars, but in the end, if you'd said to Movistar before the race, how would you like 2nd overall, the White Jersey, the Polka Dot Jersey and 3 stage wins, they would have bitten your hand off. Really hard to see how it could have gone better for them.

Sagan

Sagan was just mr consistency, picking up points everywhere despite only picking up one stage win. Sagan will be pleased with green, not sure Cannondale will be so pleased with their performance

Greenedge

It seems so long ago, but 2 stage wins, 4 days in yellow, and busgate, they certainly got the attention. Even if they did vanish competely in the last two weeks.

Argos, Quickstep

Stage wins galore, but never came close to challenging for Green. Argos will be pleased, Quickstep might be dissapointed.

Saxo

How they conspired to have two men in the top ten and not even remotely threaten Froome and end up not even making the podium I will never know. Their tactics had even the most knowledgable fans stumped. The team prize will be little consoluation but Im sure they will paint it as such.

The No - Stars

BMC - Seriously, went in with two GC contenders, came out with 35th on the GC with Morabito of all people, and a sole second place. Gilbert was anonymous, Van Garderen and Evans both desperately lacking form, the rest. Awful.

Europcar - Hugely dissapointing, Voeckler not close to his best, and Rolland despite giving the Mountains Jersey a good go was far from his best as well.

Lampre - Were they even at the Tour?

Garmin aka Sons of Anarchy. The second stage in the Pyrennes was one of the best mountain stages that I have seen in a long time. Garmin kicked off the chaos and had Dan Martin finish it off in a tremendous stage win. Jack Bauer gets this years Barbed Wire award. Talansky getting a deserved top 10 position will probably put him next in line for the great USA hope taking the T-shirt off Teejay's back. Personally, my money is on Dombrowski. Rumours of new sponsorship money coming from Qatar will put a smile of Vaughter's face.

Lotto-Bellisol. Nice stage win for Greipel, but not as many as last year. Plus loss of Jurgen van den Broeck.

Bring on the Vuelta

Contador has a bone to pick at the Vuelta. World Champs first though.

Edited by Cippo

Contador has a bone to pick at the Vuelta. World Champs first though.

He's skipping the Vuelta this year.

Ah well, no tv to watch it, but anyway ...

Question: Froomie seems to have worn the yellow for a long time. Any sort of record?

Question: Froomie seems to have worn the yellow for a long time. Any sort of record?

14 days - for Froome this tour. Edited by Ryanpmb

He's skipping the Vuelta this year.

Saw that. Pity, but looking forward to the new guys coming through.

it has been worn the entire tour before

the whole show was a bit of a non-event i thought...if you consider the whole hush hush that surrounded it

Chris Froome showed grace, poise, humanity & humility in victory. What a champion. What a gentleman.

All of those (both here on the hub and elsewhere) who have cast aspersions against him, should be hanging their heads in shame!

"This is a yellow jersey that will stand the test of time" - Chris Froome.

doubt he'll be able to train undercover in joeys this offseason

what hush hush is that?

the hush hush about what was going to happen in the ceremony