The 100th Edition Of The Tour de France: Chirps, Opinions, News, Updates.

'Dale

Pick the yellow and green jersey winners.  

305 members have voted

1. 1. Who will reign in Yellow?

• Froome Dawg (Sky)
    • Contador (Saxo Tinkoff)
    • A Schleck, Radioshack
    • Evans (BMC)
    • Uran (Sky)
    • Tejay (BMC)
    • Gesink (Blanco)
    • Hesjedal (Garmin Sharp
    • Valverde (Movistar)
    • J Rodriquez (Katusha)
    • Suprize package!
  2. 2. Who will reign in Green?

• Sagan (Cannondale Pro Cycling)
    • Cav' (Omega Pharma Quickstep)
    • Greipel (Lotto Bellisol)
    • Bouhanni (FDJ)
    • Goss (Orica-Greenedge)
    • Surprize package?

“The balance is good, very good. My sensations are good, regardless of how the GC stands,” Contador said Sunday. “I believe that I will arrive in optimum condition for the Tour. I am not going to say if it’s better or worse than other years; that’s something to see in the race. But I am at least as good as other years."

Contador, at conclusion of Dauphine

I reckon the Catalan (I assume Contador is from the Catalan area in Spain) was having his sunday ride at the Dauphine. I am not reading anything into his performance. If he goes into the tour in bad form this will turn out to be one bloody boring race. On a side note I hope Rodriguez dishes out some pain

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Where can I watch Le Tour if I don't have DSTV? Will it be streamed live at all?

I'd like Andy Schleck to win but I think Froome will take it.

Where can I watch Le Tour if I don't have DSTV? Will it be streamed live at all?

The Pub....

I reckon the Catalan (I assume Contador is from the Catalan area in Spain) was having his sunday ride at the Dauphine. I am not reading anything into his performance. If he goes into the tour in bad form this will turn out to be one bloody boring race. On a side note I hope Rodriguez dishes out some pain

That's worse than calling a New Zealander an Ozzie! Only in Spain it'll probably get you killed.

Alberto Contador was born on December 6, 1982, in Madrid’s Hospital ‘12 de Octubre’. He has lived all his life in Pinto, the small town just south of Madrid where his parents relocated in 1978, immigrating from their ancestral home of Barcarrota (Badajoz). Alberto maintains strong ties to many friends and family members in Barcarrota today.

You can't get further away from being a Catalan than this.

That's worse than calling a New Zealander an Ozzie! Only in Spain it'll probably get you killed.

Alberto Contador was born on December 6, 1982, in Madrid’s Hospital ‘12 de Octubre’. He has lived all his life in Pinto, the small town just south of Madrid where his parents relocated in 1978, immigrating from their ancestral home of Barcarrota (Badajoz). Alberto maintains strong ties to many friends and family members in Barcarrota today.

You can't get further away from being a Catalan than this.

Been to Spain recently and I can tell you this: Calling any Spanish a Catalan is actually a compliment but calling a Catalan Spanish is an insult that might get you killed

interesting... Hope for the sake of the race he is right. I think he can compete with Froome in the mountains and if his form improves maybe he'll be a bit stronger, but can he really still TT at the same level. Plus with a team TT, how much deficit is he going to have to make up on Froome?

I think he can contend in the mountains with Froome Dawg.

The TT (team and individual) is where Team Skyborg will look for some serious seconds in the bank.

Their depth is awesome.

I'd like Andy Schleck to win but I think Froome will take it.

Or www.thefirstrow.eu

On sports bar: Other->Others, the relevant TDF stage will be listed there. Had streaming issues with sports-livez.com and have had none with thefirstrow.eu (all free)

....my 2c, on paper its Froome's to lose, but knowing Berti's "Never Say Die" attitude and experience...you never know

their Lieutenants Porte ... Rogers , also a huge factor... who will stay with whom longer in the mountains! ?

Been to Spain recently and I can tell you this: Calling any Spanish a Catalan is actually a compliment but calling a Catalan Spanish is an insult that might get you killed

Agreed!

I once saw a spray painted graffiti across a wall in a Catalan villiage (in English) "Catalunya is not in Spain!!!"

....my 2c, on paper its Froome's to lose, but knowing Berti's "Never Say Die" attitude and experience...you never know

their Lieutenants Porte ... Rogers , also a huge factor... who will stay with whom longer in the mountains! ?

I'm actually worried that Froome is peaking too early. He is in amazing form at the moment.

I'm actually worried that Froome is peaking too early. He is in amazing form at the moment.

He reckons he still has work to do and is not yet at 100%... currently at a training camp in the Alps... Edited by dracs

Agreed!

I once saw a spray painted graffiti across a wall in a Catalan villiage (in English) "Catalunya is not in Spain!!!"

As you drive down the pass into Priorat (small village in Catalunya) something similar is sprayed on the wall

Interesting is that in the schools in Catalunya the kids are educated in Catalan and not Spanish. There are only 2hrs/week dedicated to the Spanish language

Edited by Jaco-fiets

Rodgers has been an animal and was so solid last year for Froome and Wiggins. It's no wonder that Saxo offered him a good deal to play that role for Conti'. Porte is good but doesn't have that all out super dom' quality that you need, his strengths seem to be more in line with a GC rider who's subing down to super dom but with the rest of sky talent you don't need that exact like for like.

As you drive down the pass into Priorat (small village in Catalunya) something similar is sprayed on the wall

Interesting is that in the schools in Catalunya the kids are educated in Catalan and not Spanish. There are only 2hrs/week dedicated to the Spanish language

It's indeed crazy! I know a few basics in Spanish so that I can order off a menu and make light conversation, in Catalunya I can't even order a cheese and ham sandwich. It's another world!

Sorry all for straying from the topic, it's just that all the answers we required in the "Froome and the Sky borg vs the rest" were answered emphatically during the Criterium du Dauphine. I only see one winner come late July in Le Tour.

It's indeed crazy! I know a few basics in Spanish so that I can order off a menu and make light conversation, in Catalunya I can't even order a cheese and ham sandwich. It's another world!

Sorry all for straying from the topic, it's just that all the answers we required in the "Froome and the Sky borg vs the rest" were answered emphatically during the Criterium du Dauphine. I only see one winner come late July in Le Tour.

not that i really disagree with your conclusion, BUT that was early June, and Late July is, well in Late July.

I don't for one second think we will see the same 'Berto then that we saw now...