The 100th Edition Of The Tour de France: Chirps, Opinions, News, Updates.

'Dale

Pick the yellow and green jersey winners.  

305 members have voted

1. 1. Who will reign in Yellow?

• Froome Dawg (Sky)
    • Contador (Saxo Tinkoff)
    • A Schleck, Radioshack
    • Evans (BMC)
    • Uran (Sky)
    • Tejay (BMC)
    • Gesink (Blanco)
    • Hesjedal (Garmin Sharp
    • Valverde (Movistar)
    • J Rodriquez (Katusha)
    • Suprize package!
  2. 2. Who will reign in Green?

• Sagan (Cannondale Pro Cycling)
    • Cav' (Omega Pharma Quickstep)
    • Greipel (Lotto Bellisol)
    • Bouhanni (FDJ)
    • Goss (Orica-Greenedge)
    • Surprize package?

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Man oh man. Blistering start, rain, a million mountains - this is going to be epic!

How's that cough? I can give you a prescription for Guinness...

The caravan is close. Time to add to the freebie collection.

Please steal me something...

Please steal me something...

No need to steal. They throw the stuff at you. Been hit in the nuts a few times.

2 Saxo rider breaking off trying to bridge to the breakaway group.

Plan underway - but can they execute it?

No need to steal. They throw the stuff at you. Been hit in the nuts a few times.

Can you please get Yohann Gene water bottle for me

Plan underway - but can they execute it?

The sky train is gonna chew them up and spit them out I reckon.

Porte to ruin the hopes and dreams of everyone up the Alpe and Froome to finish them off spinning at 500rpm trying to rip the tubby off the back...

They are trying to get to those Spanyards braaing steak on roadside in a skottelskaar

Again, was Froome wrong? Who ended up on his arse on the day??

The only silly stuff was the totally misquoted sensationalist headlines the media created out of Froomes statement.

Wrong!

In all forms of sport where participant safety is an issue participants have the right to voice concerns like this. Race organizers are the last people who should be entrusted with rider safety. They have to create a spectacle that is better and more spectacular than last years event and other similar events and even though they say safety is of paramount importance its clearly not. Open your eyes and look at the routes the guys race on. Its thanks to the amazing skill of the riders that there have not been more serious accidents.

Don't forget they are racing for their livelihood, going slow does not happen when you are desperate and racing for top spot.

Heaven forbid that tomorrow we are all here crying about some desperate rider who goes over the edge somewhere today.

It's not chicken and egg. You started with an incorrect assertion: that incompetence on Contador's part caused the crash. Yet you never saw what happened to him. What is uncalculated about what he did? You can't say. Should Beloki have factored in that the tarmac could rip off his tubbie when Lance was forced to make his detour. He, like Contador, wasn't the cause of what happened to the rider behind them; what happened to them caused what happened next. To blame someone suggests either intent or negligence. Contador is guilty of neither. It was an accident. Plain and simple.

All i actually said / asked was: "Was Froome wrong (about it being dangerous), who ended up on his arse on the day"

I did not say it was incompetence, your making the wrong assumption and putting words into my mouth. Yes i'm saying that AC went to into that particular corner to fast and fell off as a result but that does make him incompetent.

Of course it was an accident, but the suggestion is that it most likely would not have happened if he went a little bit slower, THATS ALL