The 100th Edition Of The Tour de France: Chirps, Opinions, News, Updates.

'Dale

Pick the yellow and green jersey winners.  

305 members have voted

1. 1. Who will reign in Yellow?

• Froome Dawg (Sky)
    • Contador (Saxo Tinkoff)
    • A Schleck, Radioshack
    • Evans (BMC)
    • Uran (Sky)
    • Tejay (BMC)
    • Gesink (Blanco)
    • Hesjedal (Garmin Sharp
    • Valverde (Movistar)
    • J Rodriquez (Katusha)
    • Suprize package!
  2. 2. Who will reign in Green?

• Sagan (Cannondale Pro Cycling)
    • Cav' (Omega Pharma Quickstep)
    • Greipel (Lotto Bellisol)
    • Bouhanni (FDJ)
    • Goss (Orica-Greenedge)
    • Surprize package?

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Daryl Impey listed as 4th in the GC. Nice!!

Awesome that, when last was there a saffa in the GC top 5? If ever...

His pops must be smiling like a Cheshire cat...

Hopefully Daryl gets another chance with todays stage

Today is a stage that will definitely suit a rider like Daryl. Sadly from stage 4 he will quickly disappear from the top 10 when his teams lack of time trailing ability will be exposed.

According to reports the dog wasn't so lucky a bit later on. Got taken out by a tour motorbike.

:unsure: been looking for a source for that report - where can I find it?

Interesting first 2 days. Also hoping that Impey will get a stage win, he is looking good and seems to be on form.

Not sure about Froomes move yesterday. I understand that Geraint Thomas is in difficulty. Finished 2nd lasy yesterday and went straight back to hospital.

1044527_10151801850465934_169684486_n.jpg

"I thought of my room mate Jens Voigt and just pedalled. I had to wait five years but what a victory."

They should give second on the stage to Jens because it was his spirit behind Jan shouting "SHUT UP LEGS!"

I love it when the break succeeds like yesterday. Well ridden and even more deserved in my opinion.

Froome's move initially had me a little confused, but after some thought it was probably wise to have a run down those twists alone. I love the guy, but his handling skills are a bit scary at times! So maybe this was his way of descending in peace. (Please dont view this comment as an attack on Froome. He is my hope for the win, & a more deserging winner you would be hard to find in my opinion)

As a long time customer of Tony Impey, to see his son ride so well, it is simply mindblowing. Well done Daryl! I really do hope he gets a stage win in the Tour de France.

Froome was merely showing his strength to his opponents and giving them something to have nightmares about, there is no way he would want to wear yellow in the first week of the tour.

Edited by Wez-O

I also found Froome's move a bit strange. He showed that he was strong, but if you didn't know that already you were under a rock and not in Corsica. No one was going to follow him anyway.

Thrilling finish yesterday. Great win by Bakelants!

Today could be Impey's day. Sagan would also fancy his chances of summiting the last climb in the main bunch. Though, it does look a lot like a day for the break. Voeckler descending like the devil is on his tail perhaps...

Slightly off topic but Cancellara signs new deal for 2014, '15 and '16 with Trek

It's hard to determine whether Froome was strong over the crest as no one really chased.

Exciting stuff though!