[Event] MTN NATIONAL XCM #6 Rooiberg Driven By NISSAN

Tim_Fair

I had a great race...was much tougher than i was expecting. I managed not to puncture this time...which makes a big difference.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had one near fall but managed to keep the rubber side down.

But the terrain never let off; rocks, sand, rocks, sand, marbles... Today showed me how rubbish my technical skills are, haha.

Overall it was a jol and I was happy with my performance on the marathon and I managed my goal of a top 10 finish, 8th. :thumbup: My ego took over when I saw the "KOM 500m" sign, so I attacked and took the KOM for the marathon just to find out that there is no prize for it (only the Ultra guys.) :thumbdown:

Big up china, rough race. Def another monster on the calendar.

Awesome route and amazing riding conditions.

Pity no training before the event made it really hard.

Compliments to he organizers and the the generosity of he private game farm owner / s

Sharkie2 does not hand out shirts to anyone!

Jaco jy moet hom volgende jaar ry!

Was hard maar lekker

True story Leon

Volgende jaar sal ek weer op line vir meeste mtb races die jaar is my gesondheid te up and down

I think this race is one of the toughest Marathon races under the MTN National banner,

Sabie / Barberton is all about climbing altough the terrain does challenge you and technically you can cope, Clarens is closer to Rooiberg because the total accent is similar but the terrain and technical nature drains every-bit of last energy you have and if your concentration is off in this race you will pay for that.

:eek: race king should never be on the front...x king is your man

X-King sure has the grip and lowish rolling resistance you want for front tire, however the sidewalls are rubbish, even in the Protection guise.

The X-King cost me a top 10 at Tulbagh, again in Wellington and around 25minutes at Rooiberg - all sidewall scuff marks that just continue to leak air. Rubbish tyre.

Rooiberg was a properly tough test of skills, those marbles kept the downhills really interesting!