2013 Critérium du Dauphiné

tombeej

My prediction for today:

Garmin to set the early pace (defending yellow) until they pop

Sky train takes over & rides most everyone off the back

Froome, Porte, Berto, Rodriques, Valverde & maybe Moreno ends up testing each other and one of them will get the stage.

Gap between first 3 will be small but others will lose the race today - I think Contador will be out of contention after today.

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sanchez, jcza?

I thought he's out?

EDIT: Apologies he's out of TdF but I can't see him at the front today.

Edited by jcza

Is he? I read that he's pulled out of the TDF but hoping for a last shot at a stage win in this one?

If so, then this year continues to go from bad to worse for Euskaltel.

Preview from inrng:

((snip))

Behind we’ll see how Alberto Contador and Chris Froome fare. They’ve only raced four time trials together and Froome has finished faster three times so history is on the British rider’s side. But it’ll be interesting to see how they fare as the Tour de France has a flat 33km time trial on Stage 11 which is just 35 days away so there’s not much room to improve. Froome’s visited a wind tunnel for the first time in his career in recent months. We’ll see if he’s improved his time trial position, at least in style via TV images.

Just read this now. Amazing that Froome only recently visited a wind tunnel for the first time ever. Shows to what extent the team were not thinking about him as a GC contender leading up to his 2 second place GT finishes...

I did notice that he seemd to have his head considerably lower than in the past - and I think he had a slower cadance. Definately the former and maybe the latter are a result of his wind tunnel work... I also thought he looked a little uncomfortable though! Considering its early days for his wind tunnel work etc I expect his TT to improve towards the wiggins level over the next year or 2.

Edited by dracs

Just read this now. Amazing that Froome only recently visited a wind tunnel for the first time ever. Shows to what extent the team were not thinking about him as a GC contender leading up to his 2 second place GT finishes...

I did notice that he seemd to have his head considerably lower than in the past - and I think he had a slower cadance. Definately the former and maybe the latter are a result of his wind tunnel work... I also thought he looked a little uncomfortable though! Considering its early days for his wind tunnel work etc I expect his TT to improve towards the wiggins level over the next year or 2.

Def had a lower cadence and he looked good for long periods but now & again he didn't seem quite comfortable. Wobbled somewhat but I'm sure he'll only go faster!

Incredible! I only see Froome getting stronger and if I was a betting man I'd put money on that whinging Pom Wiggins leaving Sky next season.

Ja, I agree, my feeling is Wiggins is done. He will want to get out now with his legacy intact and tour win under his belt. I don't think he can possibly get another one.

I also noticed his cadence looked slow when he overtook one of the other guys? Maybe Lance was wrong and Jan was right all these years??!!!!

And we're racing! I'll work for 2 hours then watch the final climb

The Criterium du Dauphiné is back in the heart of the Alps with a start in Grésy-sur-Aix near Aix-les-Bains and an uphill stage finish in Valmorel in the Savoy. Four climbs are on the menu:

- Km 25.5: côte de Trévignin (cat. 3), 4.4km at 6.6%

- Km 67: col du Frêne (cat. 4), 1.9km at 6%

- Km 111: côte de la Croix (cat. 4), 2.3km at 4.1%

- Km 139: montée de Valmorel (cat. HC), 12.7km at 7%

Daily Rumour: Uran to OPQS, Henao stays at Sky

and sharks circling again for Froome's signature by all accounts. Some one has to sort out the mess that seems to still be in Sky. Sir Dave B has always been the most prepared person for everything he approches but he seems to be papering over cracks as they happen.

Would like to see Twiggy take Vuelta or the Giro after the mess of this year. Not that he needs to prove it as his palmares does speak for it's self but it would be a fitting come back before bowing out and silence some of the chatter.

Seems that the whole re-signing by Froome on condition that Sir Twiggy doesn't race with him on a monument isn't exactly a recipe for a united team... history shows that so many leaders isn't the best idea.

I also noticed his cadence looked slow when he overtook one of the other guys? Maybe Lance was wrong and Jan was right all these years??!!!!

could've been riding a larger chainring, due to it being completely flat TT. other guys probly 53/54. Martin normally on 55 for flat TT's