DQ - Earphones

flymango

Can I play devil's advocate?

Are deaf riders allowed to compete? Just a thought....

I remember doing Alpine Heath some years back. The race comm pointed out at the briefing that Terence Parkin was participating, and asked for patience from the riders if he didn't heed calls of "track".

Edited by Tumbleweed

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't want to open a can of worms here or go off topic on my own thread, but I saw quite a few riders at Sani struggling with their GoPro mounts, i.e. not being able to secure it properly to the bike. In fact, one such incident stopped me on day 2 down into the Umko. I was honestly quite relaxed about it, but it could be dangerous if not properly secured.

I've had a few instances where my GoPro has come loose because of tapered handle bars, but only to the extent that it pointed to the sky. Since then I've put pieces of road tube on the bracket and haven't had problems since. I rode all 3 days of Sani without having to fiddle with the mount.

post-35204-0-88143200-1369993409_thumb.png

I've had a few instances where my GoPro has come loose because of tapered handle bars, but only to the extent that it pointed to the sky. Since then I've put pieces of road tube on the bracket and haven't had problems since. I rode all 3 days of Sani without having to fiddle with the mount.

Check your mount carefully for cracks - they do break... my partner has broken 2 in 1 year...

It's a simple rule. It makes sense.

Just think how thick the rule book would be if they had to include all the exceptions and grey areas.

The earphone thing during races is not only because of people not hearing one another. I wanted to enter the comrades some years ago and read up about the T's&C's there, and pretty much the same principal applies.

Not only can't you hear people or activities around you, but also that music gives a mental advantage over others.

You have your favourite beat tune blarring in your ears... and all of a sudden you have this new blast of energy

The earphone thing during races is not only because of people not hearing one another. I wanted to enter the comrades some years ago and read up about the T's&C's there, and pretty much the same principal applies.

Not only can't you hear people or activities around you, but also that music gives a mental advantage over others.

You have your favourite beat tune blarring in your ears... and all of a sudden you have this new blast of energy

If you were listening to dubstep you'd go nowhere.

If you were listening to dubstep you'd go nowhere.

I prefer "kaptein, span die seile"....almost like taking 2 caffeine gels at once

Edited by rouxtjie

I prefer "kaptein, span die seile"....almost like taking 2 caffeine gels at once

Nee pappie, "doen die sexy hoender"

I thought it was.......... "Ek wil huis toe gaan na mamma toe" :ph34r:

I thought it was.......... "Ek wil huis toe gaan na mamma toe" :ph34r:

That is in the last ten km's....

That is your problem right there. The GoPro mounts suck.

That piece you need to make the camera face in the right direction, lifts the camera too far from the mount causing instability and it will shake all about.

One word, or is it two? K-Edge!

Much more stable, no need for an extra piece to make the camera face in the right direction. Even the GoPro team used K-Edge mounts at events where they have riders using their cameras.

Just dont over tighten the bolt right underneath the camera, so the camera can still move when you accidentally smash it into the ground.

I can understand why helmet mounted cameras are banned. If you are in a crash and pulling the "tuck and roll" maneuver, the camera can stop you from rolling over, snapping your neck in the process.

post-4352-0-18905400-1369999182_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tankman

Guest Smimby

Can I play devil's advocate?

Are deaf riders allowed to compete? Just a thought....

That was my question to PPA and the response was "Rules are Rules"