Calling on you gamers

Guest Kalahari ou

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now thats sounds like an interesting game. Looking into it, will see......

Can be fun, I think I'm on just over 1300 hours on it now. But I rarely play it like anyone else.

I ordered a new screen card for my PC.

Wait time was 6 weeks, but I got it in 2 weeks (about 3 weeks back)

I wanted to get a GTX1060 but seems that the GTX1060 falls in the budget for most bitcoin mining rigs, thus the wait time was some 6 - 10 weeks.

So decided that a bonus month was on the way and I billed quite a huge amount, and I sold a NUC, I decided to go for the GTX1070.

Played a few games on it, but sharing time with the SO and gaming time is a juggling game,  So need to get a few hours in on the games, of I have to find out how to mine Bitcoin or Cryptocurrencies. 

Edited by Cois

1070 is a nice card. You will generally find that miners use AMD GPU's to mine because they are a whole lot stronger than the Nvidia conterparts. GPU mining is almost useless though unless you are running a multi GPU setup(4+ cards) and even then its mostly useless.

I ordered a new screen card for my PC.

Wait time was 6 weeks, but I got it in 2 weeks (about 3 weeks back)

I wanted to get a GTX1060 but seems that the GTX1060 falls in the budget for most bitcoin mining rigs, thus the wait time was some 6 - 10 weeks.

So decided that a bonus month was on the way and I billed quite a huge amount, and I sold a NUC, I decided to go for the GTX1070.

Played a few games on it, but sharing time with the SO and gaming time is a juggling game,  So need to get a few hours in on the games, of I have to find out how to mine Bitcoin or Cryptocurrencies. 

1070 is a nice card. You will generally find that miners use AMD GPU's to mine because they are a whole lot stronger than the Nvidia conterparts. GPU mining is almost useless though unless you are running a multi GPU setup(4+ cards) and even then its mostly useless.

Still got my GTX 660 from 2013, lol, the prices of some gfx cards are a bit crazy imo. If you're still very much into PC gaming then I guess it's understandable. These days I play the games my card can handle, and use the PC for editing photos in Lightroom :ph34r:

Edited by WeekendWarrior80

Still got my GTX 660 from 2013, lol, the prices of some gfx cards are a bit crazy imo. If you're still very much into PC gaming then I guess it's understandable. These days I play the games my card can handle, and use the PC for editing photos in Lightroom :ph34r:

I got a 970 out of a warranty claim. The sad thing is that GPU has never even played a game in the year and a bit I've had it.

I mostly play ps4 when I play games and use the pc sometimes as a media server. Hell my macbook gets more gaming action than the pc

Got the 1070 for Photoshop. Still have to edit as I am no longer shooting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Got the 1070 for Photoshop. Still have to edit as I am no longer shooting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Myself, I don't shoot as much I used to. Nowadays I keep the camera for if I'm away on leave.

So I go onto BT games site this morning looking for specials since most my new games are at the 80ish% mark.

WTF is with these companies selling at preorder price (around 25% less than retail) for 1k?

So are there any places one can buy legit games for cheap?

I don't mind buying digital copies as I have 1.4TB of data to use.

Thanks

Unfortunately Digital distribution copies come in at same price mostly.

This is to allow brick and mortar shops ability to survive.

That said R1k for a game is stupid. Steam statistics show that those R1k titles are discounted to 60% of original price within 6 months (on steam titles).

So I go onto BT games site this morning looking for specials since most my new games are at the 80ish% mark.

WTF is with these companies selling at preorder price (around 25% less than retail) for 1k?

So are there any places one can buy legit games for cheap?

I don't mind buying digital copies as I have 1.4TB of data to use.

Thanks

Maybe try Takealot, although I haven't ordered games from them in ages.

Edited by WeekendWarrior80

Unfortunately Digital distribution copies come in at same price mostly.

This is to allow brick and mortar shops ability to survive.

That said R1k for a game is stupid. Steam statistics show that those R1k titles are discounted to 60% of original price within 6 months (on steam titles).

Thanks for that really.

I thought I was the only one who thought like that, as my wife and kid are like are thats normal etc. I always try to motivate that its overpriced, but they dont see it like that.

Unfortunately I play ps4, where even pre-played games cost 600 rand for new titles

Yea no help for console guys :/

The only option you have is the payed account that has games unlocked monthly.

RARU has a sale on atm Might get some deals there.

Winter/Summer always bring sales 

Blizzard usually runs up to 50% off on their titles around that time.

Same with Steam/Microsoft/EA

Unfortunately I play ps4, where even pre-played games cost 600 rand for new titles

There are some excellent deals to be found in the Big in Japan and Digital Discounts sales going on at the moment. Just grab some goodies there?