The k.k reputation of MTB's on the Spruit.

Brand

It's fair for both parties to move. Also better to move and voice your opinion the the offending trail hogger rather than cause an accident.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's fair for both parties to move. Also better to move and voice your opinion the the offending trail hogger rather than cause an accident.

THE WAY I SEE IT IF YOU CAN MOVE TO AVOID CONTACT, WTF WOULD YOU PUT YOURSELF AND SOMEONE ELSE IN DANGER, STEP ASIDE TELL HIM "JOU MA SE" AND IF HE DECIDES TO STOP SORT IT OUT LIKE UNCIVILISED SCUM, AND MOVE ON

Just as cyclists expects motorists to look out for them, sure just like that cyclists must look out for pedestrians?

Amazing how cyclists want to be the victim of entitlement on the one side (cars vs bike) and the hero of entitlement on the other (vs a lesser mode of mobility).

Bigger/faster/more dangerous MUST take care and practice courtesy to those who are 'lesser'. ALWAYS!

Good on the OP for standing his ground. Bicycles (MTBs) should be able to traverse the unevenness next to a footpath with greater safety than a pedestrian in any case. So why force a pedestrian off a road, and to a standstill just because you have an easier mode of getting around?

THE WAY I SEE IT IF YOU CAN MOVE TO AVOID CONTACT, WTF WOULD YOU PUT YOURSELF AND SOMEONE ELSE IN DANGER, STEP ASIDE TELL HIM "JOU MA SE" AND IF HE DECIDES TO STOP SORT IT OUT LIKE UNCIVILISED SCUM, AND MOVE ON

Why are you shouting on this lovely morning - to much coffee? Damm ......I could shove some chop of the trail right about now for a propa cup o coffee!!

When I'm on my MTB I tend to move off a narrow path/trail just enough so that the approaching party MUST move off the trail as well. So when we pass each other, neither will be on the trail, but just next to it.

Just as cyclists expects motorists to look out for them, sure just like that cyclists must look out for pedestrians?

Amazing how cyclists want to be the victim of entitlement on the one side (cars vs bike) and the hero of entitlement on the other (vs a lesser mode of mobility).

Bigger/faster/more dangerous MUST take care and practice courtesy to those who are 'lesser'. ALWAYS!

Good on the OP for standing his ground. Bicycles (MTBs) should be able to traverse the unevenness next to a footpath with greater safety than a pedestrian in any case. So why force a pedestrian off a road, and to a standstill just because you have an easier mode of getting around?

SURELY IF THERE IS SPACE AND ITS POSSIBLE TO BOTH MOVE EVER SO SLIGHTLY THAT MAKES SENSE, UNLESS THERE WAS NO OTHER OPTION

He caused an accident that HE could have prevented........ And he didn't stand his ground. When he was about to get moered his traillies intervened.

This is going nowhere just like the Hein vs diplomat thread.

Why are you shouting on this lovely morning - to much coffee? Damm ......I could shove some chop of the trail right about now for a propa cup o coffee!!

SITTING AT WORK(NEW EXPERIENCE) NOT A HAPPY CAMPER

Spruit, bikers and peds. Why do I feel like we've covered all this before?

Edited by Gambithunt

Why aren't we riding this morning? My excuse is the cold-front that is sweeping over CP. Gonna see if we can find some snow tomorrow!

Why aren't we riding this morning? My excuse is the cold-front that is sweeping over CP. Gonna see if we can find some snow tomorrow!

WORKING.......SUCKS ON A SATURDAY(LUCKILY ITS A ONCE OFF THING)

If we want respect on the roads then we have to give it on the trails. Fast downhill section, is a pedestrians responsibility to not be there or not be hit.

Most other places we should make way if possible to do so. We come from behind and a pedestrian often don't see or hear us, can't just ride your line and hope for the best.

If we want respect on the roads then we have to give it on the trails. Fast downhill section, is a pedestrians responsibility to not be there or not be hit.

Most other places we should make way if possible to do so. We come from behind and a pedestrian often don't see or hear us, can't just ride your line and hope for the best.

Why aren't you cycling? Same excuse as me?