The k.k reputation of MTB's on the Spruit.

Brand

think about it for a second.....

Thiiiiiiink....

Thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiink....!

Still stuck? Okay. First letter of the alphabet is an.....?

A - ttaboy!

K K

A .

K K

:P

Oh my...talk about getting it wrong

*** ideas I had

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

talking about the road and who belongs where..

For those of you that know Cliffendale drive in Faerie glen, you may understand...

was on my way to work and stopped at the circle which comes from old farm road to go left into cliffendale and I see this vagrant come racing down the road sitting on one of those flatbed trolley things (used for moving), the hill is crazy steep and the dude was FLYING down the road totally out of control, it was too late to do anything and the dude smashed into the front right of my car.

he hit face first into the my car, luckily he went into the wheel, else there would have been bad damage to my car..

I jump out and the dude start crying ( I think he thought I was going to moer him), his face is full of blood, mouth cut, blood streaming out of both nostrils..

luckily my car was ok, else I would have been seriously upset, I try to explainto the guy that he is crazy and stupid for using his trolly as a form of transport down a crazy steep street in early morning traffic - but he didn't seem to understand..

now HE doesn't belong on the road..

I am with you on the crusade for runners.

I run trail and road as a mix, I run in the yellow line in to the oncoming traffic, when there is no yellow line, I veer off the road where I can.

I was running on a pavement a year or so ago and a chick playing with her plastic hair sitting on her cellphone ramped up the pavement and nearly knocked me in to a flask because she was busy texting.

Never did I see the day that cyclists will start hating runners.

Motorists hate cyclists and runners and now cyclists turn on runners, my moer but South Africans are a hateful nation.

I just hate it that everyone hate everyone else :ph34r:

talking about the road and who belongs where..

For those of you that know Cliffendale drive in Faerie glen, you may understand...

was on my way to work and stopped at the circle which comes from old farm road to go left into cliffendale and I see this vagrant come racing down the road sitting on one of those flatbed trolley things (used for moving), the hill is crazy steep and the dude was FLYING down the road totally out of control, it was too late to do anything and the dude smashed into the front right of my car.

he hit face first into the my car, luckily he went into the wheel, else there would have been bad damage to my car..

I jump out and the dude start crying ( I think he thought I was going to moer him), his face is full of blood, mouth cut, blood streaming out of both nostrils..

luckily my car was ok, else I would have been seriously upset, I try to explainto the guy that he is crazy and stupid for using his trolly as a form of transport down a crazy steep street in early morning traffic - but he didn't seem to understand..

now HE doesn't belong on the road..

Eina!

I often see dudes heading down the hill from Kensington into town in the morning. They seem relatively in control of their trolleys.

Eina!

I often see dudes heading down the hill from Kensington into town in the morning. They seem relatively in control of their trolleys.

Dude was Obviously a newbie trolly racer!

I am with you on the crusade for runners.

I run trail and road as a mix, I run in the yellow line in to the oncoming traffic, when there is no yellow line, I veer off the road where I can.

I was running on a pavement a year or so ago and a chick playing with her plastic hair sitting on her cellphone ramped up the pavement and nearly knocked me in to a flask because she was busy texting.

Never did I see the day that cyclists will start hating runners.

Motorists hate cyclists and runners and now cyclists turn on runners, my moer but South Africans are a hateful nation.

Yup... but I have to say that a lot of runners are not as light smart as cyclists (in general). Most of them rely on the reflective strips in their shoes. Some might wear reflective gear, but in general they 'go dark'.

Organised groups do make themselves aware of lighting up though. I run with a Petzl Elite headlight on the front of a running peak and a flashing red alien light clipped into the elastic at the back. Luckily I am not the only enlightened runner in our group. Some even run with reflective vests much like what road workers wear.

We do run in quite suburbian roads (on the tar). Not fun to step into a pothole or trip over a rock - especially in the dark! The peak helps with shielding your eyes against the lights of oncoming traffic as well :thumbup:

I just hate it that everyone hate everyone else :ph34r:

Sounds to me like Gauteng needs some more good riding areas.

On runners - live and let live applies - but this requires consideration from both parties. So, if you are running down the road ie on the tar against traffic flow and a cyclist is approaching, move off the road to let the cyclist pass without having to swerve out and possibly into the path of a car approaching from behind. Common sense isnt it, but lots of runners dont, just as lots of cyclists don't always play the game...

Guest Kalahari ou

This is a dumbass thread. .. unlike

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Hubbers,

After all this k.k I have decided to take up Yoga on a Saturday morning. The Spruit makes me too violent, on weekend mornings. Maybe some of the haters must come and join me.

Cheers,

Brand

Hi Hubbers,

After all this k.k I have decided to take up Yoga on a Saturday morning. The Spruit makes me too violent, on weekend mornings. Maybe some of the haters must come and join me.

Cheers,

Brand

Enjoy

Hi Hubbers,

Cheers,

Brand

Judging by your avatar, even though you look tough, looks like you came off second best. :D

Try the Spruit anytime during the week. Much better proposition.