The k.k reputation of MTB's on the Spruit.

Brand

What question... practice what sticks?

So.... Much.... fresh. .. air.... cant think

Earlier on. The other thread,

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Oom Kalahari!

Earlier on. The other thread,

I get so deurmekaar with the freds... point me in a direction. ...

There are always 2 sides to the story and I was riding the spruit this morning and witnessed the whole event.

The incident happened on the jeep track section close to the blue bridge at delta park. The rider you knocked off his bike was in front of me.

You were jogging and he was in the jeep track on the same side as you, in that area it is sandy and rutted and whilst this guy was not traveling fast, he did pull to the left hand side of the jeep track as he was chatting to his mate.

Rather than you moving to your left to avoid a collision, you did more than stood your ground, you moved towards him and as he came alongside you you lent into him and gave a good shoulder to knock him off his bike. Full intent to cause harm.

He moved as best he could in the jeep track without getting caught on the edge of the rut, you on the other hand rather than move to your left, you moved to your right and towards him. Even one step to your left would have been enough to avoid a collision, yet at 7:30am this morning your intent was clear for all to see, both me and my mate riding behind saw this incident as we were less than 5m behind the cyclist you knocked over with intent and could have caused serious injury.

I am not surprised he wanted to give you a klap, I would have done so if it had been me. The 2 walkers with their dogs who were over 40m away did not see the incident and yes they got involved but hardly came to your assistance. You were told to move on before you did get a klap by this rider and fortunately the rider whilst in full rage decided to leave it and I guess carry on with his ride.

Now you come on here claiming the innocent party and trying to make out mountain bikers are a danger and giving them a bad name.

You sir at a chop for your actions, especially coming on the hub and grossly tinting the incident to make out you are the injured party!

The 2 cyclists taking up both tracks chatting?

Guest Oom Kalahari!
I get so deurmekaar with the freds... point me in a direction. ...
found it I think

Your shoulder charge was given with such force that you may as well have straight armed the guy and taken his head off. Your intent was there for all to see including me being the rider right behind this guy you hit.

As I said he pulled to the left of the jeep track as best as he could, you could have stepped to your left to avoid a collision, but you did not and instead dipped your shoulder and gave it a full shoulder charge knowing you would knock him off his bike.

You were lucky he and his mate did not take matters into their own hands and actually left it when he should have given you a klap. Good on him!

And now instead of being satisfied with your deliberate actions,you come on the hub making noise as an innocent party, when the incident was all down to your own actions and malicious intent!

I hope the guy you hit is a Hubber so he can also give his account!

Seems like both parties are at fault , chips on both shoulders

Like 2 rams having a go at each other to stake their territory, hahaha.

Are both parties blind or what?

If an obstacle comes into my path whether human or other I make sure I go round it with a leeway that ensures that whatever happens I'm out in the clear and on my way.

Any ways my personal attitude is pedestrians always have right of way if it's is a mixed use trail, that's just common sense courtesy, much like power gives way to sail etc.

So I can see why the OP may have the right to be p1ssed but then again why knowingly keep stepping into the pathway of a prickhead bike rider , pick your fights is what they say.

But having said that I know those riders that play the I'm the man chicken game on the trails, some times you just want to knock them the f4ck out. I always chose not to but hey maybe OP was having enough of people walking over him in his life at this moment in time.

Edited by Skylark

Wonder if the OP has the same attitude towards trail runners when on his MTB or if he always gets clear out the way?

There are plenty of valid points, best is keep as far left as safely possible and be aware of who is around you and what they are doing.

Will take a look and see what happens when iride there tomorrow.

U should all get over urselfs and practice some common curtesy! I'm not the faster or the slowest but I always try to accommodate other riders or users of a trail. If u want to make a difference in this life it should start with u.

Sound like a bunch of oaks trying to check who's got the biggest ..... LOL

Guest Oom Kalahari!
U should all get over urselfs and practice some common curtesy! I'm not the faster or the slowest but I always try to accommodate other riders or users of a trail. If u want to make a difference in this life it should start with u.

Sound like a bunch of oaks trying to check who's got the biggest ..... LOL

I HAVE THE BIGGEST LOL!!!

LATER TROLS, WORK TIME IS UP THANKS FOR THE ENTERTAINMENT,, COULDNT HAVE DONE 4 HOURS OF WORK WITHOUT YOU

YOU GUYS ROCK

ENJOY your AFTERNOON dips!

I do HOPE that THE mixed CASE used IN this MESSAGE is A good COMPROMISE. Hopefully IT should HELP to KEEP the BLOOD pressure of THOSE predisposed TO blowing A gasket DOWN

ROCK ON!