The Hans Dampf thread

DR ◣◢

I would like to know how long a HD lasted as a rear tyre doing all-duty rides: XC, AM, commuting etc. ie. how good is it as an all-round, do-everything tyre.

For when my Nobby Nics wear out....

I'm running them on the front of both my bikes.

Awesome tyres - nice volume, got 2.35's and they nice an beefy.

Getting mine this month! Cannot wait. Are they as good as I imagine them to be?

Yes. (And that is the long answer!)

I would like to know how long a HD lasted as a rear tyre doing all-duty rides: XC, AM, commuting etc. ie. how good is it as an all-round, do-everything tyre.

For when my Nobby Nics wear out....

Cannot comment in terms of km's or time just yet, but can say that they last longer than any previous HP Schwalbe. New NN have also up'ed their lifespan. Can also add that tar does not chow them that quick (from the little tar riding I've done on them)

In terms of all round: they are one of the best especially if you want to cover as wide a range as commute / XC and AM.

Come on. Mine go on tonight. Some feedback please :)

Lighter than anything else in it's class, fast with great, predictable grip. Above average in most terrain you will ride year-round.

Lighter than anything else in it's class, fast with great, predictable grip. Above average in most terrain you will ride year-round.

Thank you and thank you Hayley for recommending them ;)

Running the Super Gravity version of these with the Pacestar compound.

Pro of the compound is they last quite well. Had a couple of rides on them now and zero wear at all. Rides included some bits on tar and lots of rocky riding. Also rolls really well for a massive tyre.

Cons of the compound is they don't grip as well as what my old Conti Rubber Queen gripped. Climbs pretty well but again Ive had better climbing ability from a Kenda Nevegal and a Crossmark. Both these issues are very very minor and most people won't notice it. I have found that slight adjustments to my riding style solves the problem easily.

Love the large volume. A 2.35" is easily the size of a 2.5" made by other brands.

8/10 overall.

That bike stands on the couch, earlier I saw a thread with a bike in the bath - Next we'll probably see a pic of a bike in the front of a luxury vehicle with the rest of the family tied to the roof

That bike stands on the couch, earlier I saw a thread with a bike in the bath - Next we'll probably see a pic of a bike in the front of a luxury vehicle with the rest of the family tied to the roof

If only I had a roof rack

Guest Kalahari ou
If only I had a luxury vehicle
get a bakkie!!!