• R50 001 - R60 000
    • R60 001 - R70 000
    • R70 001 - R80 000
    • R80 001 - R90 000
    • R90 001 - R100 000
    • Above R100 000

Life is not fair.

Teachers look after our most precious and gets paid a pittance. Nurses too

Traders and bankers like my self add no value to the total we only shift it to the already wealthy, but we are well paid. Lawyers make money out of others problem and human dishonesty

Life will never be fair.

amen

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Salary isnt black and white.

There are just SO many factors and sometimes it even just comes down to personality.

What I mean is 2 people, same sex with the same degree with the same amount of years worked will not always get the same salary at the same company.

Sometimes it is also just about LUCK.

I think also these days if you want to make salary jumps you have to change companies more regularly. Also location is important.

I can simply use my own story:

- I have an engineering degree

- 4 years work experience in the engineering world (nothing before that)

- I made a company and sector change 1 year ago

- I made a location change (PE to JHB) 1 year ago

- when I started working in 2008 my monthly CTC was about the amount of tax I now pay per month

Compare to my dad:

- he does not have a degree

- he has been working for the same company since he left school (38 years)

- company is in PE (automotive)

- he is on management level in this company

- his CTC is about 80% of mine

(they dont care about their employees even though they expect them to make their work their life)

Clearly there is NO specific standard than everyone can be rated at.

There are just too many variables. Many of which are in your own hands though! (I believe)

that applies to all corporates.

educate me. top of the range engineer (say civil) vs top of the range stock broker?

not talking directors of companies/ ceo's. just employees. please include performance bonus.

There are many surveys for 2010,2011 and 2012 RSA salaries.Just google it

Life is not fair.

Teachers look after our most precious and gets paid a pittance. Nurses too

Traders and bankers like my self add no value to the total we only shift it to the already wealthy, but we are well paid. Lawyers make money out of others problem and human dishonesty

Life will never be fair.

Don't think it is about fair and unfair. I would hesitate to say that the majority of those teachers and nurses do that work because they were either not smart enough or driven and motivated enough to become doctors or engineers or lawyers. And those that are smart enough and driven enough to better themselves, but have chosen to be teachers or nurses have done so on their on volition. Don't feel sorry for them.

Salary isnt black and white.

There are just SO many factors and sometimes it even just comes down to personality.

What I mean is 2 people, same sex with the same degree with the same amount of years worked will not always get the same salary at the same company.

Sometimes it is also just about LUCK.

I think also these days if you want to make salary jumps you have to change companies more regularly. Also location is important.

I can simply use my own story:

- I have an engineering degree

- 4 years work experience in the engineering world (nothing before that)

- I made a company and sector change 1 year ago

- I made a location change (PE to JHB) 1 year ago

- when I started working in 2008 my monthly CTC was about the amount of tax I now pay per month

Compare to my dad:

- he does not have a degree

- he has been working for the same company since he left school (38 years)

- company is in PE (automotive)

- he is on management level in this company

- his CTC is about 80% of mine

(they dont care about their employees even though they expect them to make their work their life)

Clearly there is NO specific standard than everyone can be rated at.

There are just too many variables. Many of which are in your own hands though! (I believe)

What you say is very true

Interestingly here in switz there is an initiative (meaning an attempt to make it law via referendum) to introduce an annual salary ratio of 1:12 for companies...meaning that the top earner in a company cannot earn more than 12 x the lowest earner in the same company.

Some companies have threatened to pull out of Switzerland if this comes into effect...... LOL

Don't think it is about fair and unfair. I would hesitate to say that the majority of those teachers and nurses do that work because they were either not smart enough or driven and motivated enough to become doctors or engineers or lawyers. And those that are smart enough and driven enough to better themselves, but have chosen to be teachers or nurses have done so on their on volition.

Don't feel sorry for them.

I think its more about what's right and wrong :ph34r: :clap:

I work in recruitment - finance more specifically and the figures stated are not unreal.

Graduates entering the market (finance) earn between 15-25k per month and I know of many many people between 30-35 earning well over a bar excluding bonus (which btw can be as much as their entire annual package)

:clap: At least I have something to look forward to...my first salary after qualification was quite a bit above that range, at 25. However, I know of people around my age still making more than I do.

There are many surveys for 2010,2011 and 2012 RSA salaries.Just google it

so you don't know either.

that applies to all corporates.

Yip. And with the big corporates if you stay long all you are ever getting is an annual increase on par with inflation if you lucky. I got 2 calls from recruiters today. I can get R10k more per month for doing almost the same thing in another company...

you really must relax.

You must just admit you were wrong and are out of your depth in this discussion

amazing how much you get paid for pushing pieces of paper around, when the people who do the real (and important) work, like engineers, nurses, teachers, public sector doctors, etc get peanuts.

Yeah, still can't figure that one out, especially the bloody bankers.

educate me. top of the range engineer (say civil) vs top of the range stock broker?

not talking directors of companies/ ceo's. just employees. please include performance bonus.

Bonus is based on individual and company performance - two people doing the same role at the same compnay could get different bonuses

The worst thing you can do is compare yourself to others. It just makes one bitter and unhappy.

It all comes down to Time vs Money vs Health vs Happiness. Take your pick because I doubt many people will have them all.