Cooking and culinary tips/recipes

Wayne Potgieter

For sure. I dig the flavours, but you can replicate the recipes in a slow cooker, can't you? 

Then again, fiddling around with something different is pretty cool too... :thumbup:

Absolutely...do ours in a flat bottomed cast iron pot (Dutch oven)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am using the cool mornings as an excuse to make chicken soup/stew. Just in general a vegtable 'moerby' that has chicken added. All slow cooked

Cream it for a bit of variety. :thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, I'm still alive and not posting from the next world! ;)  But thanks for your concern :D

You're going to have to show me where, some day... Or take me with you and the boys on your ramblings!

You're going to have to show me where, some day... Or take me with you and the boys on your ramblings!

I'll gladly do that. My prediction is that we are going to have a bumper crop of this species next year in Tokai. They grow on gum trees and especially dead gum trees, so all the stumps left after the logging is done should be perfect for it. 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest notmyname

Hey chaps and chappets. I've just purchased a whole Beef fillet that I plan to cook for my folks and there two mates as my birthday dinner. I've always been a strictly rock salt, bay, garlic and olive oil man but I'd like to do something different. I've decided on a roast butternut and brie salad to accompany this glorious piece of flesh. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Spanx

Neil.

Hey chaps and chappets. I've just purchased a whole Beef fillet that I plan to cook for my folks and there two mates as my birthday dinner. I've always been a strictly rock salt, bay, garlic and olive oil man but I'd like to do something different. I've decided on a roast butternut and brie salad to accompany this glorious piece of flesh. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Spanx

Neil.

What about a blue cheese & mushroom stuffing? Butterfly the fillet aand place nuggets of blue cheese, with some sauteed mushrooms and then roll it up again. Yum!

Fire or pan & oven? 

Guest notmyname

What about a blue cheese & mushroom stuffing? Butterfly the fillet aand place nuggets of blue cheese, with some sauteed mushrooms and then roll it up again. Yum!

Fire or pan & oven?

That sounds lekker.

Fire or pan & oven?

Indonesian soy sauce and black pepper. Wrap tightly in tin foil and chuck on a very hot Weber. Close the lid for 5 min, turn and repeat for 5 min. The Indonesian soy sauce is thick and slightly sweet. No salt needed. Cut 1 1/2 inch thick pieces and serve straight away. It's delicious.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm wanting to get a bread maker. Been looking on Takealot because I get a decent discount. I'm sure some of you guys have.

What's good, what's not? What should I look for?

I'm wanting to get a bread maker. Been looking on Takealot because I get a decent discount. I'm sure some of you guys have.

What's good, what's not? What should I look for?

bump

Its a toss up between the kenwood and russell hobbs..............

in that case, I'd always go Kenwood.

Yeah I was leaning that way as my wife has a kenwood chef  and that works like a dream. I have placed the kenwwod in my wish list. Now to hope it comes on special and I move it to my cart.

Thanks Myles.