CSA / PPA. The Heat is on

madmarc

Was it not the Cycling Federation that started which eventually became CSA and the PPA was formed during the CF era?

You are correct. But to explain my statement better which i should have done in the 1st place. The old SACF was formed in 1892 and mainly represented pro cycling up untill it was renamed to CSA in 2004 ???(I think) So CSA in its current form is a lot younger than PPA especially in the context of representing the recreational cyclist.

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

snapback.pngmadmarc, on 11 June 2013 - 11:19 , said:

Lets not forget how this started. PPA was around long before CSA, when CSA was formed they first took out the VCA and GPPA then tried their luck with PPA but bit off a bit more than they could chew. I hope PPA tie them up in litigation untill the end of time. I have no doubt this will end up in the constitutional court, and i'm no lawyer but i think CSA will lose.

:w00t: just like the 2 ill informed clowns from the Wes Cape provincial goverment. most are just guessing or are clueless.

the csa came about when the ppa & the sacf amalgamated. prior to that you had the sacf and the wpppa, the wpppa was formed in the 1980's, the sacf , donkeys years ago - they were corrupt and useless. none of those involved from the days of the sacf are now involved.

Please explain to this clown how and when PPA amalgated with SACF to form CSA......pfffft and we are the ill informed clowns.

Serious misinformation there dude. Csa put out a tender to do this with Kia sponsorship..awarded the tender...and then all went quiet...then the Kia seeding index suddenly popped up as a commercial venture....cycling in all aspects is underhanded

Reading your statement makes the same point as mine so why is mine serious misinformation???

CSA put out the tender with Kia on board as sponser.

CSA awarded the tender.

It got hijacked as a commercial venture.

So where is the national seeding ladder today. Waht is CSA doing about it.

If CSA really had the recreational cyclist interest at heart here, because the national seeding ladder is of more importance to them than the pro cyclist, they would have got ot sorted. But they hav'nt so they failed ONCE AGAIN!!

'This is thge type of thing I, as a recreational cyclist, wants to see......sort out the things that are important in my little realm of the sport i love and i'll give you all the support you deserve, untill then leave me be and let me ride my bike.

And before i go.....i found an intersting article that mentions Phat Pat.....haha i wasn't aware he has a lifetime ban on performing at the olympics for breaking the rules and racing in the Rapport Tour, even under a false name.

this is the same prick now trying to impose his dumbass rules on international recreational cycling WTF!!!!!!!

http://mg.co.za/article/2013-03-07-00-the-curious-tale-of-south-african-cycling-1

Reading your statement makes the same point as mine so why is mine serious misinformation???

CSA put out the tender with Kia on board as sponser.

CSA awarded the tender.

It got hijacked as a commercial venture.

So where is the national seeding ladder today. Waht is CSA doing about it.

ok - i misread your initial comment- As far as i am aware, CSA considered taking legal action, but, at the end of the day they were reliant on the sponsor - and the sponsor had been already schmoozed so it was not going to achieve anything. Practically - the creation of a seeding index needs software to perform the stats, and a dedicated staff member to collect and upload all results nationwide - hence they were reliant on a sponsor. Economically, we are talking about 50k initial outlay and anything from 90 to 120k annually for the staff member

ok - i misread your initial comment- As far as i am aware, CSA considered taking legal action, but, at the end of the day they were reliant on the sponsor - and the sponsor had been already schmoozed so it was not going to achieve anything. Practically - the creation of a seeding index needs software to perform the stats, and a dedicated staff member to collect and upload all results nationwide - hence they were reliant on a sponsor. Economically, we are talking about 50k initial outlay and anything from 90 to 120k annually for the staff member

Come to think of it. The seeding ladder already exists....what happened to the original one set up by cyclelab, that worked well. Why don't CSA come to agreement with them and take it over, it must still be around somewhere.

Can anyone inform us as to why or what happened to it's demise??

One thing I don't understand.

Loads of people happy to pay PPA R250 a year. Not a rip off. The R75 a year for CSA is too much money?

I kind of like the R75 thing. Hope PPA stays where it is. Happy with the races up here as they are. Don't race in the Cape so PPA means zip to me

its quite simple

sport is a money making business.period

every sport is regulated by one national body

every event is regulated by provincial goverment/municipality even the ones on private property.

cycling in all its forms is a sport

Not sure I get the tone of your reply, so if you were being sarcastic, ignore my reply.

If not, your reply only serves to confirm that CSA is a parasite feedig off the efforts of others without any return. Just like our government.

The premise of your poit is flawed in that you accept as morally right the regulation (and pilfering) of a private endeavour. With this I will never agree.

I have thought about this (i have a headache now)

It is clear from this thread, that the cyclist in both the rest of the country and the cape, are unhappy with the csa in general.

The ppa has some staunch supporters here, and aparently they can do no wrong.

What we as cyclists need to do is the following:

Stop complaining about the governing bodies.

Draw up a list of grievances, questions and any other matter that the CSA/PPA need to address.

Go to your clubs AGM, raise questions there.

If you want to become actively involved, once again go to your club, put your name up for the committee, go to the provincial meetings raise questions....make demands.

So far, i have seen many people feel very strongly about things here on the hub, but does your club know about this? your province? the CSA? the PPA?

we cannot expect to make a big fuss behind our keyboards and expect things to change just because we typed it...

we the cyclists need to start taking control of our own sport, get the people ousted that we are unhappy with.

As the CSA F off topic got locked:

I have a car which I don't necessary want to drive but need to for work purposes! I need to pay a license - it the rule of the country, you pay and move on! I don't race my car well maybe I do, we are lucky we don'y pay cycle license - we use too it was an allu disc - so to give R75 per annum via and online system to CSA, I don't actually see what the huge fuss is all about. We aren't paying to ride on the road anymore. How many new tubes can you buy with R75.00? If it means some talented young cyclist can go and get some international exposure and my R75 contributed towards that (even if only R1 out of the R75) - well thats OK. Oh S#@t I am looking at the bigger picture and we don't do that here.

Agree with you, to a point. We currently have the situation of the Track cyclist (whom you know very good) that needs assistance to go and get (as you put it) "International exposure". What does CSA say? "Sorry, we do not have the funding to assist you to go and get "International Exposure" and to qualify for the various championships for which you need the UCI points you will get overseas. You go and qualify on your own, and on your return we might help you"

This is BS I say. They spend more on one of their lavish "Functions" than what she asked for.

P.S. I also paid my R75.00 to CSA and I have no interest in Licensed cycling. I did it as I feel "It is the right thing to do"

Agree with you, to a point. We currently have the situation of the Track cyclist (whom you know very good) that needs assistance to go and get (as you put it) "International exposure". What does CSA say? "Sorry, we do not have the funding to assist you to go and get "International Exposure" and to qualify for the various championships for which you need the UCI points you will get overseas. You go and qualify on your own, and on your return we might help you"

This is BS I say. They spend more on one of their lavish "Functions" than what she asked for.

P.S. I also paid my R75.00 to CSA and I have no interest in Licensed cycling. I did it as I feel "It is the right thing to do"

Not always sure that all people think it is the right thing to do.... It is simple economics - you enter a multi stage event and are required to pay a CSA fee that far exceeds the R75 annual fee. Or you enter a few events around the country and again R75 a bargain. So in a way people are forced to take out the CSA membership.

Please explain to this clown how and when PPA amalgated with SACF to form CSA......pfffft and we are the ill informed clowns.

if you don't know when and how (and most importantly WHY) PPA & SACF amalgamated to form CSA then i suggest you stop commenting on this thread.

Not sure I get the tone of your reply, so if you were being sarcastic, ignore my reply.

If not, your reply only serves to confirm that CSA is a parasite feedig off the efforts of others without any return. Just like our government.

The premise of your poit is flawed in that you accept as morally right the regulation (and pilfering) of a private endeavour. With this I will never agree.

no , i wasn't sarcastic and never will be. but i get your point.