• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fake rim

http://www.zipp.com/_media/images/support/counterfeit/fake-4.jpg

Zipp

http://www.zipp.com/_media/images/support/counterfeit/zipp-4.jpg

Well done boys , glad you all sharp today .

i saw the add on the wheels but did not even think twice to look at the hubs

Been going to china for years - Unfortunately counterfeit product out of china is so easily available and generally 'copied' very closely that so many people go for it. (as mentioned above, Zipps you can tell by the HUB, Camp by the spoke design - the vast majority of carbon wheels that come out of china have Novatec hubs) that's normally a quick sign.

There are many factories that make for the international brands and then sell the exact same product unbranded, why don't people just go that route. Many times you can do your own design, make it unique.

Sorry but i have no time for people showing off counterfeit product/and less time for people selling counterfiet product - either way they both should be locked up :devil:

Hi Hubbers,

We're taking a zero tolerance policy against anyone advertising counterfeit items. Regardless of whether this was disclosed or not.

Bottom line: If it's a fake it's not welcome on The Hub.

Up until now fake ads have been pulled and the posters warned, with repeat offenders banned.

From here forward anyone posting a fake item will have their account permanently suspended and their details will be handed over to the relevant local agent.

We've some some pretty eagle-eyed members who spot these a mile off, although usually the price is a dead give away.

If you spot or suspect a fake please hit the report button so that we can investigate and take action if need be.

Thanks!

Matt

post-5455-0-59295500-1371032677_thumb.png

R35k?

Flip guy, at least you should have not used the exact same cardboard box pose as what you find on Alibaba. My wife's "Chinalized" was propped up in exactly that same "photo booth" against the carboard boxes.

If you going to scam someone, at least make an effort of it. That frame cost no more than R5500-R6000, delivered.

Hi Hubbers,

We're taking a zero tolerance policy against anyone advertising counterfeit items. Regardless of whether this was disclosed or not.

Bottom line: If it's a fake it's not welcome on The Hub.

Up until now fake ads have been pulled and the posters warned, with repeat offenders banned.

From here forward anyone posting a fake item will have their account permanently suspended and their details will be handed over to the relevant local agent.

We've some some pretty eagle-eyed members who spot these a mile off, although usually the price is a dead give away.

If you spot or suspect a fake please hit the report button so that we can investigate and take action if need be.

Thanks!

Matt

Does this now include SELLING of the fakes, or discussing them in general, like in the Chinese Carbon Thread.

Does this now include SELLING of the fakes, or discussing them in general, like in the Chinese Carbon Thread.

That's a discussion,so no issue as you know what you are buying.

This guy is selling with the intention to defraud someone.

I don't think what is being discussed in the Chinese Carbon Thread is necessarily fake items, is it? More replica's that are not claiming to be the actual product.

This chap is trying to sell obviously fake products for a large, large markup. I know it's a fine line, but I think the distinction of fake vs. replica (copying design but not actual product) is an important one.

I think what Matt means is sellers trying to sell counterfeit as the real deal

Lots of people build custom bikes out of China, the thread you referring to is dedicated to a discussion about suppliers, product etc